Clean Water Action

www.cleanwateraction.org

If You're Going To Canvass, Canvass With Them

Canvasser (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood pay for canvassers, soliciting door-to-door one-time donations instead of trying to get people to sign up for monthly credit card contributions on the street like most canvassing groups, generally a very positive office culture, get good exercise walking every day, working for a good cause, good experience for a non-profit career in the future when coupled with other qualifications, good opportunities to advance to field manager, opportunities to cross-train in other cities which can be a lot of fun and a good learning experience.

ConsHarder to get donations in the current economy, responsible for meeting a quota, if you do not meet the quota often enough you can be fired, kind of cultish denial of turf having an impact on fundraising and general "drinking of the koolaid," but no more so than you'd get at any canvassing job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCanvass directors should work to reduce turnover and build camaraderie among long-term employees as it's the best way to have a strong team. Canvass directors need to be chosen carefully not just for their fundraising skills but for their leadership abilities.

The real Clean Water

Canvasser (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Clean Water Action part-time for less than a year

Pros: Improving confidence, helping out a good cause, meeting unusual people Cons: Perspective employees: If you are looking for something secure, low stress, good pay, or something to be a primary job. This job is NOT FOR… Advice to Senior Management: I understand that you are just trying to keep up moral by assessing workers often and trying for cutesy moral boosting games and sessions. However,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great place to work

I have been working at Clean Water Action

Pros: I liked the experience I gained working here Cons: the pay isn't that great More
There are newer reviews on Clean Water Action.

Worked for Clean Water Action? Contribute to the Community!