Clean Water Action

www.cleanwateraction.org

Best Job I've Had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

The staff at Clean Water is awesome. It's great to work with like-minded, intelligent, passionate people everyday. In addition, we work on important campaigns, and we see progress on those campaigns that's directly connected to what we're doing on the job every day, which is extremely rewarding. We also get to give folks a voice to make a difference on issues that are important to them. Often, before we talk to members of the community, they were concerned about an issue but didn't see anyway to get involved. It's great to be part of that solution.

Also, the training never really stops, in a good way. I feel I'm constantly learning more about environmental issues (and other progressive issues), which keeps the job feeling fresh.

Lastly, it's great to be outside and active everyday rather than stuck inside.

Cons

Weather? There's a question mark there because for me, that's not an issue. But I guess if you're someone looking for a desk job or one where you don't have to be in the elements ever, this would not be the job for you.

Other reviews for Clean Water Action

A short stay

Former Employee - Activist  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Activist in Washington, DC

Pros

Great work environment, feels good to help, very positive workplace

Cons

No parking, commute inconvenient, hours strange: 2 PM- 10 PM
    Note: a little dangerous when you're a 17-year-old girl, job requires going door-to-door in the city at night alone while carrying cash****

Good place to start a non-profit, advocacy career

Pros

Clean Water Action is a great organization. Fun people to work with, lots of opportunities to advance as a canvasser. Some offices have unions.

Cons

They should work on more opportunities to advance canvassers into other organizing positions. Also could work on recruiting a more diverse group of people.

There are newer employer reviews for Clean Water Action.

Worked for Clean Water Action? Contribute to the Community!