Clear Channel Outdoor

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel Outdoor

Fun Place To Work But Low Pay Makes It Hard To Thrive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone single person I work with, including management, is super friendly and eager to help if you have a question. If you want to learn, all you have to do is ask and they will teach you!

Cons

The low pay for the amount of work I do is not equal. I work very hard for management and I don't feel like I'm being compensated well for my time.

Personally, the attitude I see at this place is really great. I feel like I'm able to walk in to any manager's office and chat about anything that concerns me. Having said that, much higher hourly wages and benefits for producers should be in place. We work hard to make the best radio we can for you, why not give us a good hourly wage? That's all I'm asking.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel Outdoor (View Most Recent)

Pros, but way more cons

I worked at Clear Channel Outdoor

Pros

Nice to get paid half days off the day before a holiday. Casual dress environment.

Cons

No training. Management lacks interpersonal skills and proper management of people training. Promises given at start of job, not one fulfilled. Proven lying. Negative & harsh write ups for unnecessary things that should have been simple discussions with management. Extreme favoritism. Negativity. Toxic environment. Foul language. Sexism. No team environment, everyone is out for themselves and could care less about you. Management expects you to make up sick time, even though you have sick time hours available and used them. Immature. Asked to lie about "corporate" expenses. Poor pay, less than Standard, and no raises. The max pay for some jobs, are starting pay at other companies. Will work you to the bone. Horrible benefits (healthcare). Not professional. Co- workers talk bad about you behind your back. Including the management.

Get some people management and human resources type training for all management. Find budget to allow training. LISTEN to staff's input. Be fair to your employees, all of them EQUALLY. If you want to change your staff's attitudes or correct a person's error, don't go straight to the formal write up, it will only breed animosity and dis-trust. TALK to your staff. You hired your staff, TRUST them to do their job and stop micro-managing every little thing. Celebrate your employees on successes, a simple "great job you did on that project" will do.

yikes

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Clear Channel Outdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

name recognition for future job opportunities

Cons

I don't know about other markets, but in Sacramento if you don't reach the 25k revenue mark you get fired after 6 months

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel Outdoor