Past Face, Fun, Great Co-Workers

Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun Environment. Lots of Perks such as Concert Tickets, Meeting Celebs and working with DJs

Cons

It is not a typical 8-5 job, sometimes I had worked 24 hours at a time. You are required to be in the office and make appointments and get sales and if needed, entertain clients, attend concerts and then report back to work at 8am. Though it sounds glamorous, it is draining and honestly, I am glad I was a part of such a great company, but I did not have a life at all. No time to date or meet people. Thats why 90% of the employees are not married or divorced. This job takes up all of your time. You are basically all commission as your monthly pay is based on a draw. Clear Channel recently went Private and they reduced the commission by 90% hence I left after 4 years. I LOVED working there, its great if you are young and single and motivated.

Management is the best! They are so fun! But they are also very deadline driven. You can play all day but you must bring results or you get let go pretty fast. HUGE turn over. This job is for someone who can play hard and work hard. I loved it there! I had to move on and eventually get a life of my own :)

Other Reviews for Clear Channel

All around, a decent company to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good product. If you can sell you can make a good living.

Cons

Management has no idea what it's like on the streets.
    Health Care costs are outrageous.
    No training program.
    Too many things keeping sales team off of the street and in front of customers.
    Too much focus on what is "new".

Talk to your best people. They know more than you think.

A great first sales learning experience

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

Big company, lots of experience. Great on Resume when you are first staring out. Clients are comfortable with the company

Cons

No training given for new hires. You can only make real money if you are given big accounts that are already on the air. Almost impossible to make any money with all new accounts.

Be fair in handing out or transferring big accounts to sales people. Train and retain employees. Stop meeting so much, takes away from ae
    'being out in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!