Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the poeple that I worked with. Very fun group of employees, who work had but also have a lot of fun. Many company events to attend, and they are fun, not borring!

Cons

Can be hard to sell advertising to small local businesses, especially in touch economic times. It can get someone overly completitive in the office, and if you find a new business...try to keep in on the down low, until the ad's go live.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid media & entertainment company to Grow with lots of Opportunity awaiting

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic portfolio, friendly helpful colleagues - amazing, motivating & supportful corporate team. Clear Channel gives you the tools you need for the tooolbox - but it's up to you where, when and how to build the empire.

Cons

I don't see many cons - as with any sales career, there will always be ups and downs, but the right talent will conquer through it and not let it bring you down.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a little more support from management on an organizational level. I would also like to see the AE's that are unhappy and complaining about their jobs - to find another job so they stop bringing others down around them.

All for one and none for all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

Pay is ok. A few smart, nice people to work with. Safe place if you're ok with playing in the minor leagues.

Cons

Never-ending politics. Self-promoting, watch-out for yourself mentality. Highly unstable environment with never-ending priority shifts. Dictatorial, micromanaging leadership that goes all the way to the top. Barbaric vacation/time-off policies. Bargain basement benefits. Extra bonus points if you're willing to do email on weekends and evenings. Old boys network. No opportunities for women. Grumpy faces all around.

Advice to Management

Senior management does not get the best of the team because they're so worried about keeping their own jobs. Stop micromanaging and learn how to run a company.