Clear Channel

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Strong Leaders

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clear Channel let's you exceed where your skills will allow you to do best. They are also competitive in pay compared to other industry companies. Managers are constantly bringing new materials and market info to you in order for you to maintain a competitive edge

Cons

HSA healthcare is not the greatest healthcare out there. Sometimes you feel like you are being micromanaged (to some that is a plus).

435 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

If you want to feel like doing a good job is a waste of time, this is the company to work for

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

perks that come with working in the entertainment industry
    Discount or free event attendance
    flexible hours
    reasonable insurance

Cons

Low end salaries
    Raises non existant
    Sales commissions are always being altered to benefit company, not account executives
    moral
    work/family balance

Pretending to care is not fooling anyone with that stupid survey. Nobody believes for a minute it was confidential. The people running this organization have no clue how the regular person lives, so the decisions that are being made are harmful to employees. A few rotten apples are ruining thousands of careers without batting an eye.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

A few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

Cons

I never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Give more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel