Clear Channel

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

A few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

Cons

I never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Give more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

441 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Clear Channel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being an intern gives you the opportunity to learn about the industry and work in a fun place for college credit.

Cons

The company is literally bleeding itself dry. It keeps cutting back on employees and dispersing the work to whoever is left. If you get hired, you'll start at minimum wage and most likely never get a raise. I'd say the average full time salary pay is around $30k. Don't expect much more than that, unless you are at the top. About 80 percent of radio stations are voice tracked or syndicated. Don't expect to be a radio personality. The rate of job openings is declining and so is the pay. At least 30 people have either left or been let go in the past year, ranging from the lowest level jobs all the way up to the market manager position.

You can function with a smaller staff, but pay your employees a decent salary to do the honest days work they are performing.

Senior AE with 22+ years experience - Forced out - this company no longer respects experienced and knowledgeable AE's

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products in the best cities

Cons

Corporate - Bain Capital - controls everything and everything is a spreadsheet. They no longer care about customer service. Commission plan is the worst in the industry.

Retain and recruit talented employees. Relationships are important across all departments - sales - real estate - operations.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel