Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Disappointing

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsA few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

ConsI never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I worked at Clear Channel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Being an intern gives you the opportunity to learn about… Cons: The company is literally bleeding itself dry. It keeps cutting back on employees and dispersing the work to whoever is left. If you get hired,… Advice to Senior Management: You can function with a smaller staff, but pay your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awful, Stay away

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Columbia, SC

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time for less than a year

Pros: Radio can have a fun atmosphere, Good to try out… Cons: Skimpy insurance with high cost. NO TRAINING ! Extreme micromanagement. Constantly shifting focus and never ending pay changes. Bain capital owns them and has… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.