There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

If you want to feel like doing a good job is a waste of time, this is the company to work for

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

perks that come with working in the entertainment industry
Discount or free event attendance
flexible hours
reasonable insurance

Cons

Low end salaries
Raises non existant
Sales commissions are always being altered to benefit company, not account executives
moral
work/family balance

Pretending to care is not fooling anyone with that stupid survey. Nobody believes for a minute it was confidential. The people running this organization have no clue how the regular person lives, so the decisions that are being made are harmful to employees. A few rotten apples are ruining thousands of careers without batting an eye.

reviews filtered by

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

A few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

Cons

I never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Give more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Clear Channel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being an intern gives you the opportunity to learn about the industry and work in a fun place for college credit.

Cons

The company is literally bleeding itself dry. It keeps cutting back on employees and dispersing the work to whoever is left. If you get hired, you'll start at minimum wage and most likely never get a raise. I'd say the average full time salary pay is around $30k. Don't expect much more than that, unless you are at the top. About 80 percent of radio stations are voice tracked or syndicated. Don't expect to be a radio personality. The rate of job openings is declining and so is the pay. At least 30 people have either left or been let go in the past year, ranging from the lowest level jobs all the way up to the market manager position.

You can function with a smaller staff, but pay your employees a decent salary to do the honest days work they are performing.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel