Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Creative Services Director (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe product itself, radio and TV programming/marketing is fun and challenging. There are some talented people in the organization

ConsThe home office is relentlessly fixated on maximizing profits to the detriment of the product. Corporate made the statement several times: "We are in the business of selling advertising. Not entertainment." and this mindset hurts the company and contributes to its shrinkage in use.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some radio product experts and give people reasons for listening to on-the-air radio. And get back to 12 minutes an hour of commercials. 22 minutes an hour is way too much. You are driving people to their Ipods.

Corporate Bulldozer

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Clear Channel part-time for more than a year

Pros: Some really good people within the company Cons: Corporate business model unaware of individual markets Advice to Senior Management: Care ureabout the BIGGER pict – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Totally Dysfunctional

Madison, WI

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great co-workers, lively and interesting environment, lots of free food, foam… Cons: No opportunity for advancement, the management are disorganized, no one seems to be happy with their job except a… Advice to Senior Management: Not sure if you need to do some kind of week long retreat on how to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.