Very great experience- gave me the right tools to land a great job post graduation

Former Employee - Promotions Intern  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Promotions Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Got to see the inside of sales and promotions. You can network and make great connections through an internship with this company.

Cons

Very long hours during events

Other Reviews for Clear Channel

Too many cut backs

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best radio stations in Columbus and access to some great events.

Cons

The bonuses are gone, favorites are played among reps, and the brands are being watered down by cut-backs.

Take time to listen to the Account Executives about the environment selling on the streets.

What an amazing experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Intern in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I cannot tell you how much I've grown from working at this company. I started out as a regular Marketing and Promotions Intern, and then expressed my interest in working in the studios. As interns, we got to go to a lot of concerts, events, and shows for free, which was incredible.

However, the studio work is by far the most experience I have gotten in this internship. Not only did I get to record radio spots, but I got to be on air and I was given freedom and trust when it came to creating content and production/programming tasks. I was respected as an employee even though I was an unpaid intern. There are a few wonderful and kindhearted people in the company that truly believed in me, and if it weren't for them I would not have had the same experience. But whenever a project was presented to me, I took it. I recommend taking those offers and using the internship fully by shadowing employees and taking any possible opportunity, no matter how small.

Cons

I would not have succeeded if I did not push myself and actively seek out opportunities. But the experience that I gained was truly special. I don't know anyone else in my area that has gotten the on air experience that I have!

This was a wonderful experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!