Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

What an amazing experience

Intern (Former Employee)
West Hartford, CT

ProsI cannot tell you how much I've grown from working at this company. I started out as a regular Marketing and Promotions Intern, and then expressed my interest in working in the studios. As interns, we got to go to a lot of concerts, events, and shows for free, which was incredible.

However, the studio work is by far the most experience I have gotten in this internship. Not only did I get to record radio spots, but I got to be on air and I was given freedom and trust when it came to creating content and production/programming tasks. I was respected as an employee even though I was an unpaid intern. There are a few wonderful and kindhearted people in the company that truly believed in me, and if it weren't for them I would not have had the same experience. But whenever a project was presented to me, I took it. I recommend taking those offers and using the internship fully by shadowing employees and taking any possible opportunity, no matter how small.

ConsI would not have succeeded if I did not push myself and actively seek out opportunities. But the experience that I gained was truly special. I don't know anyone else in my area that has gotten the on air experience that I have!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was a wonderful experience.

Great company with horrible policy

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros: Concerts, great people to work with Cons: long hours, poor pay bad policy No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Big debt payment due, more jobs to be lost soon

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros: Good people, good properties, may be sold to a better… Cons: Automation eliminating manpower, fear based management, focus on national versus… Advice to Senior Management: Please sell the company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.