There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

What an amazing experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  West Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Intern in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I cannot tell you how much I've grown from working at this company. I started out as a regular Marketing and Promotions Intern, and then expressed my interest in working in the studios. As interns, we got to go to a lot of concerts, events, and shows for free, which was incredible.

However, the studio work is by far the most experience I have gotten in this internship. Not only did I get to record radio spots, but I got to be on air and I was given freedom and trust when it came to creating content and production/programming tasks. I was respected as an employee even though I was an unpaid intern. There are a few wonderful and kindhearted people in the company that truly believed in me, and if it weren't for them I would not have had the same experience. But whenever a project was presented to me, I took it. I recommend taking those offers and using the internship fully by shadowing employees and taking any possible opportunity, no matter how small.

Cons

I would not have succeeded if I did not push myself and actively seek out opportunities. But the experience that I gained was truly special. I don't know anyone else in my area that has gotten the on air experience that I have!

This was a wonderful experience.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

Great company with horrible policy

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

Concerts, great people to work with

Cons

long hours, poor pay bad policy

Once a great company

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good work life balance, decent benefits package and compensation

Cons

Senior Management lacks direction and changes frequently. The company rewards poor performance, low morale is pandemic as a result. The company has become stagnant due to the many levels of corporate bureaucracy that have been created. Layoffs at the branch level are routine while the corporate ranks increase. There is little possibility of upward mobility particularly if you are a woman.

Listen to the people at the branch offices. The Mays family had the right formula. The company continues to perform well in spite of management and not because of it. It is important to learn the business before trying to change it.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!