Clear Channel

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Good but disorganized

Former Employee - Integrated Marketing Intern in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Integrated Marketing Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, amazing opportunities to meet musicians and entertainers, many opportunities for advancement

Cons

A bit disorganized, position hired for was completely different than actual work done

Be more descriptive with job descriptions. I liked what I did but it was not the experience I was necessarily looking for.

431 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

Upper mgmt chopped off everything locally, now top heavy with rookie OOH media people in charge w/huge salaries.

Current Employee - High Profile Sales Executive
    Current Employee - High Profile Sales Executive

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Media is fun, clients are good, billboards are awesome, You get paid to talk to people. This used to be a great place to work.

Cons

No raises, flat commissions, key sales people leave when they get income slashed, key managers quit under burden of too much paperwork coming in from know-it-all bad mgmt. Expect more departures from beat up mgrs.

Be wary of execs at the top, including the CEO who brags about his trips and marathons. We dislike your monthly emails. Employees cannot relate to your snobby ways, along with your fashion model COO that everyone laughs at. Funny how all her emails and press releases about new hires never mention the word "billboard". You and your sleek staff have become the laughingstock of the OOH industry. And what CCO is paying you??? It's absurd. Someone who owns this place needs to wake up. I wouldn't take any of your pretenders to meet my clients.

Love the money. They give me great accounts, I do not have to do a lot of work.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Manager gives me a lot of accounts. If I get someone else's client to ask for me to be their rep, my manager will switch the account over. Being young and attractive works wonders in this biz.

Cons

When other reps get jealous because I make so much money and they know I do not work very hard because I am given a lot.

Hire more young females.