Clear Channel

www.clearchannel.com
  www.clearchannel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Love the money. They give me great accounts, I do not have to do a lot of work.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Manager gives me a lot of accounts. If I get someone else's client to ask for me to be their rep, my manager will switch the account over. Being young and attractive works wonders in this biz.

Cons

When other reps get jealous because I make so much money and they know I do not work very hard because I am given a lot.

Hire more young females.

435 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

Intern level, and I still knew it was bad.

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern

Pros

-Great work experience to put on a resume, especially as an undergraduate hoping to break into the media industry
    -Perks of working in the radio industry- free shows, artist meet and greets, etc.
    -Friendly co-workers and fun conversation

Cons

If you're an intern and your own supervisors are telling you in confidence how much they hate working at the company, you know it's got to be bad. Only 3 months with CC and I heard every complaint in the book from my coworkers- low pay, long hours, rigid corporate structure that offers no room for deviation or creativity. Some really talented people taken advantage of and sucked dry. A shame.

Most of the negative reviews on here align with some of the conversations I had with coworkers- people who had been there for 5+ years with no pay increase or promotion. A year has passed and I know at least 4 people who have quit out of frustration- and remember, that's only people that I know personally.

It is a shame, honestly, because working in radio was a very rewarding experience for me. However, it's very apparent that the higher ups have absolutely no respect for their employees and will put them through hell without any praise, let alone reward. Very sad.

Recognize the talent in some of your employees.

Every wo(man) for themselves!!!

Former Employee - Air Personality/Mix Show DJ in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Air Personality/Mix Show DJ in Detroit, MI

I worked at Clear Channel part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The unfair treatment forces you to forges life long friendships with other co-workers. Free concert tickets.

Cons

1. Hiring or keeping unqualified staff. 2. Trying to cut their way to profitability. 3.Working independent contractors as hired employees.

Be fair and research your staff's talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel