There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Learn then leave...thats your best bet.

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reputable in the industry, top notch systems, strong resources.

Cons

- Extremely poor senior leadership, unclear mission and vision, company does not care about it's people, place incompetent people in leadership positions, spend money on ridiculous spends and do not invest in people although they claim that "People are our competitive advantage".

Wake up and see what really matters. Put the proper people in place to bring knowledge and proper process to the company and not put pawns in place to be "Yes Sir" people. Pay your people, no raises for 5 years while the top 50 are always taken care of is ridiculous.

And how about knowing your people, on the Media side of the business people dont even know if the CEO exists or not. Awards and recognition is always well deserved and it never happens.

Since you are in cost cutting mode, stop throwing lavish parties in Vegas at the iHear festival and think about giving people raises to fit the hard work and long hours you are demanding.

Follow the law, non-exempt employees are required to be paid overtime. Offering a day off in return is not adequate.

You may want to try and hire women into senior management and not just act like you are doing such. A male dominated culture and the good ole boys club does not cut it.

403 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

It was too easy

Current Employee - Promotions Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Promotions Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time for less than a year

Pros

The perks of concerts and other events

Cons

The hours, schedule and pay

You're expected to work long hours for very low pay, zero recognition, and bargain basement benefits

Former Employee - Marketing/Communications Department  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing/Communications Department in New York, NY

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for less than a year

Pros

You sometimes meet celebrities, but they usually end up smoking pot and drinking beer in your bathroom. The office building in NY is okay, but don't expect to get any help from the security desk if you lose your office key. You get free bagels on Fridays, but they leave them out all day long so they end up being infested by fruit flies (and beware the five hour-old cream cheese).

Cons

The managers don't know what they're doing. They watch when you leave at the end of the day, and they reprimand you if you leave five minutes before your scheduled time even though you don't clock in/out and even if you arrive at work hours before you're supposed to be there.

The managers bring in their dogs to run around the office, which I find to be very unprofessional. I don't want a gross old dog jumping up on me, especially at work.

Co-workers enjoy "telling on" you for ridiculous things -- I told a co-worker that I was unable to attend a non-work-related function because I had a prior commitment (I was teaching a yoga class). The function was actually just a club opening in Brooklyn, where the club was owned by the son of Clear Channel's CEO. I didn't think I had to go to this, as it had nothing to do with work. Cut to several weeks later: my manager reprimanded me for not attending, and she pointedly stated to me that I had the nerve to, instead, "go to yoga class." So my co-worker ratted me out (regarding what I do in my time off) and my manager reprimanded me for doing something on my time off other than attending a non-work-related club opening. Truly preposterous.

If you want to work in a "Mean Girls" environment, this is the place for you. If you don't mind being told that you cannot badmouth Rush Limbaugh (who works for the company), this is the place for you. If you don't mind anti-semitic comments being made by your manager, then this is the place for you. If you don't mind having ZERO medical benefits, then this is the place for you.

I singlehandedly raised readership of the employee newsletter by 60% and, in return, was told by my manager that the rise in readership was solely due to "familiarity." If you work here, you will never get any recognition for your work unless you are in the "cool crowd."

When my manager said she didn't like my writing, I asked her to clarify. I referred to the materials I'd written in the last month, asking what she thought about those, and her response was, "I haven't read those yet."

I quit my job here -- I would rather have no job than work in this toxic environment.

Radio is a dying business so don't waste your time taking a job here.

Check out what's going on in the Marketing/Communications department. It's just full of a bunch of power-hungry bullies who sit around on their butts talking about "the good old days at Six Flags."

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!