There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Looking to move up.

Current Employee - Disk Jockey in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Disk Jockey in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

Easy jobs, most of the time I sit waiting for other people to get their job done; but still get paid for it. It has it's benefits of getting free stuff or free food at times; but I love interacting with the listeners.

Cons

Sometimes, the cliques seem to form and if you're not someone who's driving a BMW, or all up on the latest trends; you seem to be left out of different things. A lot of the time, part timers are treated as if they don't exist within the staff of a radio station.

Acknowledge part timers more; give more praise, and offer more benefits. I believe that stations need to be live 24/7, instead of pre-recorded.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

So big, it's hard to go up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel

Pros

I was with Clear Channel though the "growth" phase. When I started you felt like you were a part of something bigger. There's a certain amount of prestige working in radio. The benefits were great, and you got to meet famous folks on occassion.

Cons

Somewhere along the way Clear Channel lost sight with their employees and we all stopped feeling like team players in a cause and feel like numbers. The turnover in sales is high (having worked since at another company I see this is perhaps a "big company" thing). Lots of inner office politics as radio folks seem to thrive on drama.

Reconnect with your employees! They're the greatest asset you have in a businesses where you sell "air" and your brand integrity of each station is really all you have.

cc radio way better before bain buy out!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

100 % commission but also unlimited earning potential, tons of perks- concerts vip satus etc. , can be creative and exciting

Cons

after the buy out everyone is a number. if you don't know how great it used to be you would be happy. but those longterm employess like me find the changes stifling

please quit treating everyone as a number. attuitude scores- really? let your good sales people -just go do the job with out all the bs and paperwork and silly reports. good salespeople aren't great report writers!

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel