Looking to move up.

Current Employee - Disk Jockey in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Disk Jockey in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

Easy jobs, most of the time I sit waiting for other people to get their job done; but still get paid for it. It has it's benefits of getting free stuff or free food at times; but I love interacting with the listeners.

Cons

Sometimes, the cliques seem to form and if you're not someone who's driving a BMW, or all up on the latest trends; you seem to be left out of different things. A lot of the time, part timers are treated as if they don't exist within the staff of a radio station.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge part timers more; give more praise, and offer more benefits. I believe that stations need to be live 24/7, instead of pre-recorded.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

So big, it's hard to go up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel

Pros

I was with Clear Channel though the "growth" phase. When I started you felt like you were a part of something bigger. There's a certain amount of prestige working in radio. The benefits were great, and you got to meet famous folks on occassion.

Cons

Somewhere along the way Clear Channel lost sight with their employees and we all stopped feeling like team players in a cause and feel like numbers. The turnover in sales is high (having worked since at another company I see this is perhaps a "big company" thing). Lots of inner office politics as radio folks seem to thrive on drama.

Advice to Management

Reconnect with your employees! They're the greatest asset you have in a businesses where you sell "air" and your brand integrity of each station is really all you have.

2. Place is a joke.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Clear Channel

Pros

The only pros I can think of us the on-air talent and some co-workers are pretty cool. It's pretty funny though since the ones with the nose up the air are the ones that dont' even have a bachelors degree.

Cons

It's a joke. The don't even offer a base salary, it's a draw. And they are shady as hell with the commission structure. They like to say they are giving you a taste of a taste the first year ' so if the average commission would be 10%, they will give you 10% of 10% of it the first year. Management sucks - they are cluless and do not know anything about communications. They are unapproachable, rude, and definitely play favortism. Constant stepping on eachothers feet, not knowing whose account is whose. Ughh, over all this place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Throw in the towel, hire new management.