There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Great company to work for, just not if you're an intern.

Former Intern - Promotions Team in San Francisco, CA
Former Intern - Promotions Team in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel and attend cool events such as concerts and festivals. My supervisors were friendly and treated their interns well.

Cons

Clear Channel is a reputable company but their internship program is a joke. Interns are only offered college credit and don't learn much. The majority of my internship was spent setting up sound equipment and taking photos. I learned absolutely nothing. This internship was also very time consuming and there's no set schedule.

Advice to Management

Internship program needs work. Interns need to be empowered and taught skills for future use.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cheap Channel.

Former Employee - , Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - , Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

meeting celebrities- once in a blue moon. When you're not stuck working an event at a gas station, or Kroger store.

free tickets- Usually nose bleed or last minute unclaimed tickets after the directors take their pick.

The experience- You learn a lot considering you have to balance your job as well as your directors responsibilities because they are lazy and can't work a full 9-5 day.

Cons

The directors are some of the laziest people I've ever met.

You're over worked and under paid.

No room for advancement because clear channel does cuts every 6 months and instead of keeping positions open they get rid of the position altogether and give those responsibilities to employees that already cant handle what they have on their plate.

So much gossip. It's like being back in high school because the directors sit there and bash all of the other employees.

Racist directors. very racist.

I've spotted the stations promotions staff multiple times driving and talking on the cell phone at the same time. Same guy who comes into work high every day. Open your eyes clear channel.

Advice to Management

Get new directors, give your employees all a raise that they deserve. Find better promotions staff to represent your station properly.

2. Great company! You are able to become an expert in Traffic!

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule Flexibility! You are able to network with people all over the world.

Cons

Directors can hinder individual growth, due to being insecure about them loosing their position to you.