There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

This is what being at a startup should be like.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Operations Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ideas are listened to and more than often actioned. I've worked in lots of environments where technology suggestions have been ignored, often due to internal politics and infighting. Those attributes seem to be non-existent, which is in part due to the emphasis of screening candidates for cultural fit and keeping the Corporate Zombies out of here. In that respect it's a techie's heaven.
The team works together to make Clearslide successful, which is no doubt why the company is experiencing strong revenue growth.
High energy team, work hard play hard attitude. No bullying and finger pointing.
Profile is increasing at a strong rate, I'll be having a beer talking to some random, they say "Hey I know Clearslide. I .....". First startup in 5 years that I've worked at where that frequently happens.
We don't do meetings.

Cons

Emphasis on healthy snacks. Where is my junk food?
Ears pop in the elevator getting up here.
Not allowed to bring bikes into the office, have to lock it up in the garage.

reviews filtered by

Below average

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide

Pros

Start up environment. Small team.

Cons

The technology stack on which the product was developed is questionable. The entire product is based on java servlets and and some front-end java-script with ajax etc. Some one who has worked on latest technologies will have serious concerns working with them as they are highly reluctant to change their code base.

The company has more technical recruiters(5+) than engineering team (1). And the interview process is mediocre. Technical interview questions were rather easy and not challenging. and they claim to hire only rock stars to be part of the engineering team which is funny.

Be more confident on decision making. Improve the technical interviews and adopt to latest technologies.

ClearSlide is great from the outside looking, not so much after you're in.

I have been working at ClearSlide

Pros

Energy, Office space, Team building activities, Product, Directors

Cons

Extremely intense, stressful sales environment.
    Micromanaging employees of how many emails, phone calls made on the daily.
    Told by recruiters that OTE earnings were to be "about double the base" OTE are nowhere near.
    The turnover rate is high.

There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide