There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

So far so good!

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stellar training program. First few weeks are super intense, but in a good way. They have invested a great deal of time and energy into training. Word is that the CEO and senior level execs took prior Glassdoor reviews with harsh critiques of the company seriously, which prompted them to initiate an entire training program that is led by prior top performers in the company. You won't hit the sales floor until your product knowledge is bullet proof, which means you have to pass both written and verbal certifications on the product before you can move to the sales floor.

Management and the product team listens to feedback from employees and customers. Product team integrates feedback to make refinements and new functionality to the product. The entire company is very data-driven, primarily because the product itself has a backend analytics component to it.

The entire company from sales reps to customer service/adoption specialists use the product in almost all customer interactions because it really does help people sell better. It's cool to work at a company that practices what it preaches by having everyone use the tool for all external facing communication.

There is a great deal of autonomy on the sales floor and it's unique to find that ClearSlide's sales culture is one of supporting one another, rather than competing with one another. I was really concerned about this specific issue prior to accepting my offer, but after initiating a few conversations with other sales managers and AEs, it turned out that everyone was really open and transparent about sharing best practices. Cool cultural thing: a bell is rung and everyone claps every time someone hits goal. If you're a rep, it will definitely be a positive eye-opening experience to see how much collaboration, sharing, and friendly work happens internally here.

Everyone in every department is always willing to help and provide feedback. The company is expanding quickly. In the past 6 months there have been two major acquisitions: SlideRocket & Crunched. The executive team and other key managers are doing their best to be intentional about how the company grows. They recognize the importance of having great leaders in place who know not only what to do, but how to do it so that the company still retains its hard-working, open, transparent, and collaborative culture.

BTW - If you have any doubts about joining the ClearSlide team because of previous Glassdoor reviews, make sure to ask lots of questions during the interview process. Don't be afraid - if you don't ask and reach out, you won't ever know! In fact, it's your responsibility to ask if you don't know or feel unsure about something! Better to be armed with information than to accept an offer or turn down an interview with an assumption that may or may not be true.

A note about work-life balance: for the first few weeks of training, you won't really have a life outside of studying to pass certifications you need before they'll let you work on the sales floor. This really is for your own good (so I've found) because the people who fail are the ones who don't know the product inside and out.

There are some great fitness perks as well: pilates & yoga each one day a week; boot camp twice a week. It's probably safe to say the company prioritizes the healthiness of everyone here: the refrigerator is always stocked with sparkling water and juice rather than soda. Also, the pantry is stuffed full of trail mix, nuts, pretzels, and fruit rather than candy and corn chips. At the end of the month, lunch is usually catered in as well.

Overall, my experience has been fantastic working here. This company is definitely poised for long-term growth. I love working hard, but ClearSlide is the first place where the bar is set so high that I'm having to go above and beyond by working smarter to really stand out. It's an awesome feeling if you want to challenge yourself. And the views -- the views are AMAZING! Reminds me every day why I love working in San Francisco.

Cons

The bar is set super high during the first few weeks of training. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Sometimes managers say that ClearSlide prioritizes a culture of feedback, but there are some managers who like to dish feedback but not hear it in return. However, this really is few and far between.

Like most jobs, it really depends on the manager you're working under and the team you'll be working with. If you don't think you'll be compatible with any of the people interviewing you or you don't mesh with the culture or other people in the company during your interactions here, listen to your gut. Otherwise, if you're willing to do the work, ask for help, and not complain when things get tough, you'll do well here.

Thank you for listening to all the feedback from us as employees. Continue to focus on adapting ClearSlide for the post-PC era (read: mobile devices) because that's the only way the company will stay competitive in the long-term. Also, continue investing in training and retention. The company will grow faster and retain its amazing culture if you do. Finally, check in with the team to give a State of the Union more often, especially as we continue to grow. This helps us all feel motivated about where we're going as a company and motivates us to work harder and smarter to get there.

58 Other Employee Reviews for ClearSlide (View Most Recent)

Great team, solid training, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time for less than a year

Pros

ClearSlide is a fun but professional start-up in super growth mode. I've just started in sales and am already loving the opportunity. It's rare that the all stars align in any sales role - getting to sell a great product with a big edge on the competition, to a market that is actually interested, training to support you, solid sales leadership and the opportunity to rake it in if you work hard.

Cons

Haven't seen an downside so far - you have to work hard to be a top performer but that's to be expected!

Keep sharing information and news throughout the company - we're growing so fast it's difficult to keep up with all the change and news.

There are a lot of great startups to work for right now, this definitely isn't one of them

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a lot of smart, ambitious and talented people in the CSS and AE positions. Free yogurt and coffee.

Cons

Senior level sales leadership is a abysmal. Employees are purely human resources to be expended without care or concern. Looking on the reviews posted here before, it's obvious they have a track record for what i'm complaining about. I brought this up with my recruiter and I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she said that they "completely overhauled the problems that led to so many people leaving, or being fired." After a few weeks here I could see that was all lip service. Their reputation for causing damage in people's professional lives is well deserved. Would only recommend CS if you have no other options on the table.

Get somebody new in the senior level sales management

There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

Worked for ClearSlide? Contribute to the Community!