There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

Great Product and Market Opportunity...Poor Leadership and Execution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

Great product that solves a historical issue in the sales marketplace. Market opportunity is significant and with effective execution the potential is remarkable. Positive energy at team meetings were great.

Cons

Company culture is dwindling and is in constant flux. Over the course of my time I never felt a solidified definition of what it meant to be a "Slider". Company momentum led to teams feeling a lot of pressure month to month to keep up with trends and short leash for those that could not execute.

Set more realistic expectations as far as company trajectory to give way towards solidifying ways to get there. Pace is so fast that the business is in a ready-fire-aim mode that is simply not working. Sentiment with a number of employees was fear and that is not what it should be at this exciting stage of the company.

58 Other Employee Reviews for ClearSlide (View Most Recent)

20+ in-house recruiters have come and gone in 2 years!

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office. Nice coffee. Nice Macs.

Cons

Before going to ClearSlide, just do a search on LinkedIn and search under "ClearSlide" and "Recruiter". There's a reason why they have gone through 20+ recruiters in the last 2 years. Sales cofounder blames poor sales on poor sales reps and poor recruiters.

Who implements a "Wall Street Weds" in San Francisco start-ups where you get to dress up and wear suspenders?

No women in executive sales mgmt. Lawsuits are worse than EMC.

Since Mgmt doesn't listen, here's some advice to the Board: Are you guys reading the reviews before cutting the checks?

Send Benton to Tahoe permanently.

BeBehind the curtain...hiBehind B

I worked at ClearSlide full-time for less than a year

Pros

HQ in San Francisco, cool laptops.... that's about it

Cons

* ClearSlide Sales Mgmt doesn't know how to use ClearSlide to manage sales performance and effectiveness.
    * Still stuck on in-effective go-to-market strategy for Enterprise sales - just pitch and they will buy.
    * Recent push for value selling, but Sales Mgmt can't articulate what the true value for Sales organizations is due to the "nice to have" nature of CS. This could also be due to the fact that customers themselves cannot articulate the value they've received - because their reps/users aren't using.
    * Very stiff culture
    * SVP Enterprise Sales has limited experience in value based, application selling (comes from an IT/CIO feature driven background).
    * C--Founders having a hard time transferring B2C experience to B2B. No fault, for the most part, of their own. This can be difficult. Very nice guys though.

* Keep trying to figure it out. You're in a new space and leading the way.
    * Acknowledge the reps (especially Enterprise team) are taking a huge career/pay risk to develop this company. It's not about 90 days and you're out. It's about continuing to invest in their success and provide the internal/external tools for them to be successful.
    * Develop a CAB (Customer Advisory Board) of your top Enterprise customers to get a true picture of what they need - and what value they are extracting today.
    * Stop spending VC cash like drunken sailors and focus the growth in the key areas (not just "more is better"
    * I'm not disgruntled - I was hoping this could be my 3rd successful IPO... but you can't win them all. My wallet and professional patience (SVP Sales) could not wait another 18 months.
    I do wish the best for CS as Sales Engagement is a space that needs innovation.

There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

Worked for ClearSlide? Contribute to the Community!