ClearSlide

www.clearslide.com
  www.clearslide.com
There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide

A place to catapult your career. If you're strong enough.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time

Pros

My goal here is to provide insight for those considering a role at Clearslide. Best if done from a career perspective:

***If it's your first or second job out of college:
 - Rarely will you have the opportunity to manage a full sales cycle in the SaaS space in such a short period of time with little to no experience.
 - Excellent access to leadership individuals with extensive backgrounds in sales as mentors. These folks know what their doing and have shown success day in day out.
 - You will never have to search for another sales job in the valley again. You come to Clearslide, you work hard, you show 2nd to top quartile success over a minimum period of 6 months and any company needing a sales rep will choose you over most no matter where you go. Our reputation as top sales professionals has been earned.
 - You'll never fear prospecting again. Ever (if you do now).

***If you are a seasoned sales rep (3 to 7 years):
 - You'll have the opportunity to define your own market and your own customer base.
 - You will have little to no push back on strategy and flavor. If it works for you, get it done.
 - If you are top quartile, your base + commission will have you above most other valley SaaS sales roles at this stage.

***If you are a career sales professional (7 + Years, with a history of preforming at or exceeding quota):
 - The enterprise sales base + commission is both generous and aggressive. The goal is to close business and when business is closed, the juice is worth the squeeze.
 - Excellent leadership with fantastic in the room and out of the room sales guidance. You will be reporting to players that have crushed their goals time and time again and are in the business of it.

Cons

1 - The reality is that Clearslide is defining an industry. We have no one to copy a strategy or business model from. There are and will be an infinitesimal amount of issues that arise from this fact alone. It is important to come in with a mind set that prepares you for the peaks and valley's. The difference being that this is a place that will make careers in years to come and set the tone for sales leadership in silicon valley for the next 20 years.

2 - No bean bag chairs.

3 - Not yet an industry standard or name. Hunting is still the name of the sales game and building value within a customers perspective is the only way to win. You can not bank on brand, Yet.

4 - There is NO company that has Clearslide as a budgeted line item product at the beginning of the fiscal year. You will have to carve out that line item and show them the value.

5 - No red bull.

Product! - invest in a massive engineering team that rivals any enterprise level startup in the valley. Pay what must be paid to get the talent needed and then do what it takes to keep them here.

Drive innovation above all else! - Let everyone run with their ideas (especially engineers). If they want to work on some random project for a week that they feel drives value but has not been asked for by customers or is not on the roadmap. Let them do it.

Make customer satisfaction a priority, today! - Invest in your customer success and support teams even more than you do now. They will be the number one way of turning todays customers into life long customers.

Business (sales) Intelligence is our future. - Lets makes sales prescriptive. The BI team is key to our long term success.

62 Other Employee Reviews for ClearSlide (View Most Recent)

Start-ups are challenging

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Start-ups, like ClearSlide, truly build muscle for success in sales. ClearSlide aspires to create an employee-focused work environment and hire strong talent.

Cons

ClearSlide's sales platform faces a number of strong competitors in the enterprise marketplace. While there exists few, if any, direct competitors to the ClearSlide technology, sales technology is a crowded space.

Patience and realistic goal setting is critical.

Great place to be for those that are willing to put in the effort

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ClearSlide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great office

Exec team is not only open to feedback and criticism they ask you to give it to them straight and they are doing a great job of implementing change

Company is doing an excellent job as a whole of improving (from process, to culture, to compensation, and all across the board)

Cons

Still lacking on the support side of the house, you wear many hats as a Corporate Account Exec

Month to month quota is no joke and not for the faint of heart, you will need to grind to be successful

Continue to solicit feed back from those of us that are in the trenches in regards to the product road map. We need to build out the support side of the house, it is critical in allowing sales to do our job, SELL. This rocket ship is on the right path, we are not there yet but we will be soon

There are newer employer reviews for ClearSlide