If You're Used To The "Extremely" Aggressive Sales Person Type

Former Employee - Clear Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Clear Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Clearwire part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-When one first starts, the schedule is very flexible -Ok pay (started me at 10.50/if You're a student perhaps like myself)

Cons

-The companies' main concern is you selling the product even if it involves not FULLY informing the customer (reminds me of the so called "crazy car sales men" tactics) -The company snatches up anybody they can since their employees tend to drop like flies -No kiosk, they expect you to hound down as many people as you can in whichever Best Buy location you are assigned to -Befriending Bestbuy employees is assumed to "new" employees -Inconsistency in scheduling/location (basically if you're expected to be compensated for your gas, you better make that daily 3 sales) -It just all seemed unprofessional to me...if you are referred or offered by anybody I suggest you RUN, If ANYBODY is happy in this company it is because they are comfortable being pushy & have moved up sporadically somehow (if that makes any sense?) -Promotes growth, but that's only if you SELL SELL SELL -OH, your "trainer" usually isn't properly informed their "trainee" is coming - I walked into Best Buy with the most utter confusion as to how I could find my trainer, Until I spotted her with a "Clear" shirt at the geek squad station, or should I say "hanging off" the side of the geek squad station.. sad -Also if you're looking for steady pay? Seriously RUN

Advice to Management

Please THOROUGHLY inform future employees as to what they're getting into exactly. Let them know they are going to be standing in the middle of a Best Buy basically "Hustling to death". There isn't even a station people can be aware of. The clear product is stuck in a corner of the laptop aisle. I never went back after the first day. I immediately applied at the mall seasonly, until I find something better. Just horrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire

My experience so far and still remains being constantly moved around, and having an extremely inconsistent schedule.

Current Employee - National Retail Account Executive in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - National Retail Account Executive in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are few good things about working for clear in a slower market like Las Vegas, that is building good relationships within the retail locations that you are working at, in hopes of leaving for a better opportunity. Also gaining knowledge of products that are new to the world of computers and tech toys.

Cons

The location at which you work changes constantly. The hours, due to over hiring too many people, have dropped dramatically and makes that work/life balance very difficult to set budgets. And to add to the fact, if anyone is looking for any kind of advancement any higher than the position that you are hired on at, I'd look elsewhere. This company isn't where it wants to be yet and shouldn't be giving its teams false hopes of moving up into a management or corporate position.

Advice to Management

If your goal it to keep your top sales people consistently reaching goals set, you have to provide some kinds of intensives, and not over hire a workload of employees and dramatically cut hours.

Horrible

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The medical, dental, paid vacation & sick leave are the only good things this company has to offer

Cons

Hostile work environment, lack of training. Overworked, stressfull, no support from management, no communication. If you are thinking about working here RUN.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as Human Beings