Clearwire

www.clearwire.com

If You're Used To The "Extremely" Aggressive Sales Person Type

Former Employee - Clear Sales Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Clear Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

Pros

-When one first starts, the schedule is very flexible
-Ok pay (started me at 10.50/if You're a student perhaps like myself)

Cons

-The companies' main concern is you selling the product even if it involves not FULLY informing the customer (reminds me of the so called "crazy car sales men" tactics)
-The company snatches up anybody they can since their employees tend to drop like flies
-No kiosk, they expect you to hound down as many people as you can in whichever Best Buy location you are assigned to
-Befriending Bestbuy employees is assumed to "new" employees
-Inconsistency in scheduling/location (basically if you're expected to be compensated for your gas, you better make that daily 3 sales)
-It just all seemed unprofessional to me...if you are referred or offered by anybody I suggest you RUN, If ANYBODY is happy in this company it is because they are comfortable being pushy & have moved up sporadically somehow (if that makes any sense?)
-Promotes growth, but that's only if you SELL SELL SELL
-OH, your "trainer" usually isn't properly informed their "trainee" is coming
- I walked into Best Buy with the most utter confusion as to how I could find my trainer, Until I spotted her with a "Clear" shirt at the geek squad station, or should I say "hanging off" the side of the geek squad station.. sad
-Also if you're looking for steady pay? Seriously RUN

Please THOROUGHLY inform future employees as to what they're getting into exactly. Let them know they are going to be standing in the middle of a Best Buy basically "Hustling to death". There isn't even a station people can be aware of. The clear product is stuck in a corner of the laptop aisle. I never went back after the first day. I immediately applied at the mall seasonly, until I find something better. Just horrible.

Other reviews for Clearwire

Horrible

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The medical, dental, paid vacation & sick leave are the only good things this company has to offer

Cons

Hostile work environment, lack of training. Overworked, stressfull, no support from management, no communication. If you are thinking about working here RUN.

Treat your employees as Human Beings

Sales

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great product, has lots of potential. Very easy to sell. Marketing team does great job.

Cons

Sales team is not treated as a corporate or inside the company. Sales positions are outsourced making you feel not as invested. Customer service is terrible after outsourcing call center and company binds sales reps from helping customers face to face by taking away simple internal tools or access to customer info.

Please give priority to you customer facing part of the business - sales associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire.

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!