Clearwire

www.clearwire.com
  www.clearwire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

Really enjoy working at ClearWire.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at ClearWire. The culture, people, and fast-paced environment keep coming to work each day fun. We have our share of challenges, whether it's uncertainty about the pending acquisition or funding for a big project, but in my experience that's just the way the corporate sector is today.

Reading some of the other reviews I'm not quite sure what group these folks are in, but I've never noticed anything remotely close to a "hostile" or "cut throat" environment (quite the opposite, in fact). There will also always be uncertainty and change, no matter what company/industry you're in, especially Telecomm. I think some people confuse this with poor leadership, which isn't always the case.

Thirsty Thursday events are fun, leadership brings in some food and drink and everyone gets a chance to socialize with folks outside of your normal working circles. The yearly employee appreciation day is an aboslute blast, tons of fun.

I sort of mentioned it earlier, but I've found that the people at ClearWire are fantastic. Everyone is friendly, fun, and always willing to help out.

Cons

It can be tricky at times to get the funding/resources needed to drive some projects that would benefit the business, but it's just part of the deal. Pay is about average for the industry, benefits are OK (would love to see just a PTO bucket instead of having vacation/sick/floating holidays). There aren't many options around for lunch, but it's getting better with food trucks coming during the week (minor annoyance, but worth noting).

I mentioned above about the fast pace and frequent change in direction, but honestly it's not any different than anywhere else I've worked, especially in Telecomm.

Change the time off policy to have one PTO bucket instead of vacation/sick/floating holiday buckets.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire (View Most Recent)

Rearranging Deck Chairs

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Decent compensation
    -Decent benefits
    -Management at least pretends to be interested in creating a fun work environment

Cons

-No real structure for promotion or growth
    -Lack of vision leads to the creation of programs and projects that are the hot item one day then gone the next
    -Lack of proper management leads to some employees working 80+ hour weeks to complete other people's work that has not been completed
    -Award structures favor those who play politics and not those working above and beyond their position

Had a chance to be a great company but burned through the money

Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Clearwire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Forward thinking
    Company thought outside the box in Marketing
    Great Staff

Cons

No chance to move up
    Micro managed
    Too many reports
    Upper Management did not commuinicate their plans

Stop and think about what your objectives are when Launching a Market

There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire