Clearwire

www.clearwire.com

Really enjoy working at ClearWire.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI really enjoy working at ClearWire. The culture, people, and fast-paced environment keep coming to work each day fun. We have our share of challenges, whether it's uncertainty about the pending acquisition or funding for a big project, but in my experience that's just the way the corporate sector is today.

Reading some of the other reviews I'm not quite sure what group these folks are in, but I've never noticed anything remotely close to a "hostile" or "cut throat" environment (quite the opposite, in fact). There will also always be uncertainty and change, no matter what company/industry you're in, especially Telecomm. I think some people confuse this with poor leadership, which isn't always the case.

Thirsty Thursday events are fun, leadership brings in some food and drink and everyone gets a chance to socialize with folks outside of your normal working circles. The yearly employee appreciation day is an aboslute blast, tons of fun.

I sort of mentioned it earlier, but I've found that the people at ClearWire are fantastic. Everyone is friendly, fun, and always willing to help out.

ConsIt can be tricky at times to get the funding/resources needed to drive some projects that would benefit the business, but it's just part of the deal. Pay is about average for the industry, benefits are OK (would love to see just a PTO bucket instead of having vacation/sick/floating holidays). There aren't many options around for lunch, but it's getting better with food trucks coming during the week (minor annoyance, but worth noting).

I mentioned above about the fast pace and frequent change in direction, but honestly it's not any different than anywhere else I've worked, especially in Telecomm.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the time off policy to have one PTO bucket instead of vacation/sick/floating holiday buckets.

Rearranging Deck Chairs

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Decent compensation -Decent benefits -Management at least pretends to be interested in… Cons: -No real structure for promotion or growth -Lack of vision leads to the creation of programs and projects that are the hot item one day then… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Had a chance to be a great company but burned through the money

Director (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay Benefits Forward thinking Company thought outside the box in Marketing Great Staff Cons: No chance to move up Micro managed Too many reports Upper Management… Advice to Senior Management: Stop and think about what your objectives are when Launching… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Clearwire.

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!