I love working at Clearwire

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many pros to working at Clearwire. The first that comes to mind are the people and the culture. I have never worked with such friendly and helpful colleagues. Everyone knows the company's goals and works towards them.
I also love the fact that the company works on technology that no other company in the US is working on. This is a great point of pride for me - our TD LTE network we are building.
Entrepreneurial spirit is another reason I have stayed at Clearwire. No one sticks to their job description here - there are always projects and cross functional exposure to be had.

Cons

I think our weakness is also what makes us so great. Our biggest weakness has always been a lack of funding, but I also think that is what keeps us sharp as we continue to do more with less.

Other Reviews for Clearwire

Simply Put

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay, good benefits and great atmosphere. I have open and honest communication with my manager, feel appreciated and challenged. Help is just a question away, perks and entertainment are a constant. Community service is important as well as activites outside of the workplace amongst fellow emploees.

Cons

ALWAYS CHANGING. If that is not your thing, probably not the company for you.

There are a lot of angry ex-employees out there QUICK to voice their opinion. I understand that a company this size must have procedures...but you might want to think about the exit strategy.

Best company I have ever had. Best company I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Clearwire full-time

Pros

- Fast pace
    - Empowerment available for those willing to grasp it
    - Fairly flat org
    - Available leadership
    - High aim for transparency in comms
    - Flexibility to do what you're passionate about
    - Simple new values
    - Extremely generous safety net in uncertain times

Cons

- Uncertain future
    - Trouble past = lots of angry folks outside the company
    - Still working towards consistency across leadership team in culture / style

Keep investing time and money in your people as your number one priority. They'll build the networks, bring in the revenue, and fight off the wolves. Focus too much on the widgets and you'll lose what's best about Clearwire.

There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire.

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!