There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

Beware new launch markets... this company will use and abuse you

Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Austin, TX
Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Clearwire

Pros

If you only need a job for 6 months, the salary and benefits are OK and they hire lots of people when they launch a new market.

Cons

When Clearwire launched their Austin market for CLEAR mobile internet, they hired around 100 field sales reps and 13 Business to Business Account Execs. They made everyone "Exempt" so they can push you to work 50-60 hours per week and not pay overtime.

The Business Sales Manager resigned in 2 1/2 months. The General Manager was terminated at 3 months.

When I gladly handed my resignation after 5 months, there were only about 3 B2B reps and only 30 field reps.... most quit because of the long hours without overtime compensation.

Initial Sales goals were reasonable and obtainable. The quota's triple after 6 months... not obtainable and I believe this is intentional to reduce the sales force post launch.

CLEAR over-hires to launch a new market to get maximum exposure, knowing they will scale back the work force in 6 months to 30% of the original launch hires. BEWARE

215 Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire (View Most Recent)

Apart from the corporate funding issues and corporate maturity (vs rapid growth/startup mentality) it's good.

Current Employee - Director in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Clearwire

Pros

Lots of opportunity. Lots of growth.

Cons

Lack of funding, lack of maturity. We have a building but not necessarily a foundation.

Slow down the rapid growth, look at being far more efficient with better quality. I understand the need for rapid growth but not the lack of efficiency (particularly in IT)

Horrible, no respect amongst employees and managers!

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Clearwire

Pros

The pay is good
    Benefits are good
    Incentive plans are good if you can hit them

Cons

No respect from employees
    No respect from managers
    Do not work with educational schedules
    No advancement incentives
    Incentives are unobtainable
    Effective orientation
    Managers do not listen to employees

Need to work on listen to employees, also compensation plan for telesales representatives need to be reevaluated. The floating incentive program to meet monthly sales quotas is very ineffective because you will always have half your employee not making monthly quota and half of them being compensated. This is not motivating at all and the turn-over rate in your organization will continue to climb to higher rates and will cause your organization to continually to lose money.

There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire