There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

A pathetic company to work for

Former Employee - Business to Business Account Executive in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Business to Business Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Clearwire

Pros

They offerred great pay and benefits package.

Cons

A pathetic company with a ridiculously high attrition rate and shaky sense of direction as a whole (as you can see from the every day reports). Hired us and laid us off like dogs and later admitted they gave did not even give us the proper tools necessary in order to succeed (which I can assure you they didn't). Had 3 job offers at time of. Made the worse decision of my life to take theirs.

Advice to Management

Recognize people and the company's ineffieciencies as a whole to hopefully better succeed in the future.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast paced, and not for people who need guidance.

Current Employee - Finacial Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Finacial Analyst in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Clearwire

Pros

- A corporate environment, small company feel. - Plenty of opportunities to improve current processes and stand out. - Smart and friendly coworkers - Huge potential to be a serious contender in the industry. - Flexible in hours and being able to work from home/on site

Cons

- Financial Instability, and lack of good middle management. - Company operates on a lean budget, and is definitely noticeable in how it operates. Don't expect extravagant raises. - Lack of transparency among departments that need to work with one another. - Professional development is hindered by management. - Pay and benefits is definitely below average. - Brown nosing and favoritism is prevalent throughout.

Advice to Management

None

2. A $12bn DOT com that is poised to go to the next level.

Former Employee - Tier III Technical Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Tier III Technical Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Clearwire

Pros

Clearwire is on the cusp of moving to the next level of organizational development, including implementation of ITIL concepts of Problem, Change and Incident management, as well as process documentation and consilidation. The company embodies all that's great about the energy and flexibility of a DOT com, while understanding that it needs to formalize its processes if it is to scale to the next leve.

Cons

There are still many areas resisting the move to a more mature business model, including Development access to production systems and a bit of a fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants firefight approach to problem solving.

Advice to Management

Continue the pressure to move to an ITIL or similar framework, which will change the paradigm over time and allow the scalable growth that will ensure financial returns based on more efficient and consistent operations.