There are newer employer reviews for Cleveland Clinic

Great place to have on your resume, soak up great benefits, but not competitive pay unless health related field.

Current Employee - Associate Web Developer in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Associate Web Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

403b
Clinic contributes up to 50 cents on the dollar (after two years of working), totaling 6% or 14/15k a year (I forget which, i haven't reached 2yr marker).

Raises
I get regular raises, this past year was 3% (after 1st solid year of working here)

Great opportunity
You can move around from department to department after 2 years in 1 department.

Great Benefits
My Health coverage is cheap. I don't know what to compare it to, but I've heard you can't beat it.

Also looks great on resume.

Cons

Web Designer for a hospital, you have to go through many hoops of clinical garbage to get into the system. Orientation feels completely like it's meant for nurses, I might as well have gone asleep.

In a department, in such a large organization, you tend not to know all of what makes your job go around. Many people are your bosses, I've got 1 direct boss, and 3 in-direct boss'.

Wages aren't competitive for my field because it's a hospital. Though my first career move, i hear it's better working for a design firm or something of the sort.

The staff I directly work with is most all old enough to be my mother. Out of 30 people in the department 3 are men.

Parkings a pain, to live anywhere close you have to live in the ghetto. Otherwise you'll be driving an hour to 30min driving time depending on time of year.

Advice to Management

I don't have much, I would like to be better informed as to what direction our department is headed towards though, rather than updates of how much work we've done.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unhappy employees result in unhappy patient satisfaction.

Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

It's a job in the health-care field for an organization that is perceived to be world-class. It looks good on a resume.

Cons

The patients are treated in a "world class" way but the employees are overlooked. The hospital system recently took away benefits, including premium pay, yet expects employees to give more and more hours without incentive. The hospital where I work is chronically short-staffed affecting patient safety. It's not ok for a nurse to work a double shift to cover up the hospital's inability to attract employees. Time off is punished with a punitive points system and management doesn't care if you have balance in your life involving your job and your home life.

Advice to Management

Patient satisfaction is down because employee satisfaction is non-existent, so it's time to wake up and treat your employees with respect, reward and compensation. Morale is very low thanks to management that just doesn't "get it".

2. Very nice campus and outstanding growth

I worked at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

Its world-renowned reputation attracts talent and money, which is being used to promote growth. Working in this environment allows for interaction with cutting-edge technology and top professionals.

Cons

Parking can be tough on a big campus. Some of the newer buildings are drifting a bit architecturally from their older contemporaries.

Advice to Management

White and Gray color schemes could be more colorful. Every division should be highly valued regardless of their contribution to the bottom dollar line, as there are intrinsic value to several areas of the institution.