Inovative Health Care Organization with great benefits

Current Employee - Systems Analyst III in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Systems Analyst III in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good. The company reaches out to the comunity. The core values are honorable.

Cons

I work in IT. The Clinical areas hire their own technology support. Often the clinical people are not technical and the project managers don't understand the stakeholders. IT employees are overworked and under valued. There is little or no training available to grow your skill sets. This is a VERY political company. You have to learn to watch your back here.

Advice to Management

Make sure the IT managers can comunicate well... Put a project methodology in place for all areas. Get off Windows NT.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This is a top notch organization and is a leader in the healthcare industry

Current Employee - Analyst in Lyndhurst, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lyndhurst, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits and solid leadership. Being known as a national leader in healthcare brings a feeling of prestiege and pride.

Cons

The organization is very degree conscious and difficult to move upward. Very difficult to become part of managment team without an MBA.

Advice to Management

Keep the incentives for tuition reimbursement and encourage promotion of your existing staff to increase a feeling of loyalty to the organization.

Heading Down a Slippery Slope

Current Employee - OFFICE SPECIALIST in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - OFFICE SPECIALIST in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Health Benefits!, Employee Perks in the Community, Health Programs, Gym or Curves Membership

Cons

Low Pay, Staffing Issues, "Cost Re-positioning", Under qualified management, No raises

Advice to Management

Instead of making all decisions from the top down, include your employees that are on the front lines. A lot of decisions that are being made make absolutely no practical sense and are simply money saving measures. These end up forcing us to sacrifice patient experience, which is in turn blamed on us. A rock and a hard place? Also, reward your employees for their loyalty. Stop firing or forcing retirement on long term, loyal employees with experience and then promoting lesser-paid lesser-qualified people. It's incredibly frustrating to have a supervisor who doesn't know much more than me and was promoted to take the place of an excellent employee who likely had a higher salary. Do not think for one second that understaffing your offices to save money is going to work out in the long run. I work in an understaffed office where we have almost 20 phone lines that are expected to be tended to by three people who are also checking over 100 patient's in and out each day and handling the secretarial needs of the doctors. We had a fourth spot open at the desk for months after someone retired, and then the approval to hire was taken away yet more phone lines were added. On top of it all, we received no holiday bonus and no raise this year despite keeping up with the increased job expectations. That's not right. The health care benefits are great but without a reasonable salary, you are going to start losing people and find it hard to replace them with the same quality of employees. Lastly.... give raises! It's unbelievable that you would not even give a single percent raise to your employees. This cost re-positioning movement in the Clinic is going to cost you your most dedicated staff. The Clinic acts as if it has been brought to its knees in bankruptcy the way they are cutting corners yet in reality they are still making huge profits. Your employees deserve reward for their efforts but instead they are given more work for the same pay.