There are newer employer reviews for Cleveland Clinic

You can feel good about working here

Current Employee - Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

The pay is good, the benefits are good, the perks (yoga) are nice. Generally co-workers are nice. The mission of the organization is something you can take pride in. A big, stable corporation that is doing OK in spite of the economic downturn.

Cons

Not confident in competency of senior management. Tendency to hire outsiders rather than promote from within, but there are exceptions. Too much politics, which creates stress. Constant health-oriented messages may be annoying to some people (re: healthy eating, not smoking, exercising). Constant push for "employee engagement" is also annoying.

Advice to Management

Put more effort into retaining employees and promoting from within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work, but need to work in every hospital setting.

Former Employee - IT Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good. Office space is adequate and technology is always seen as a very important aspect. You will have the latest and greatest equipment.

Cons

Co-workers are generally displeased with their workload and working in a hospital setting is very depressing. Must be extremely conscious of germs as well.

Advice to Management

The technology is capable of doing many of the IT assignments remotely, however many of the upper management feels the need to make you do it in person. This is a complete waste of time.

2. Cleveland Clinic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic

Pros

Great working environment and team members. I am very autonomous in my role and can tailor my day how best I see fit. I love working this way, makes me more effective and I feel more in control of my daily outcomes. Great boss, very accomodating, approachable and personable. Cares very much about my personal and professional growth. CCF encourages employees to pursue higher education and tuition reimbursement is very generous.

Cons

Too many task force meetings to make a decision on one small change. My prior organization was smaller and changes were much quicker to implement. This may not be something that would be easy to change, might just be a challenge of any large organization. Inefficient systems that are outdated and slow on the administrative side. Medically we are so advanced, but administrative side we suffer and waste much time this way.

Advice to Management

Currently happy with management staff in my area, no changes needed