Clifford Chance US

www.cliffordchance.com
  www.cliffordchance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clifford Chance US

There are very few if any benefits to work for Clifford Chance US if you are in any support services roles.

I have been working at Clifford Chance US

Pros

I was able to develop my skills so I can now find a job where they value my contributions.

Cons

I work in IT and have seen this firm decimated since the Roger Wells merger with Clifford. Every year for the last seven has seen more and more lay offs. After the AMP abdicated power to a London transplant for a COO things have escalated down hill. The London management team continue to communicate and demonstrate their disdain for the US. London refuses to recognize the talent of any staff member that works outside of London. They only hire Directors who are weak then so their is no open discussion or push-back on their decisions -- I'm not even sure our Director knows the difference between a SAN and a fan. Their style of management benefits the weak and underperforming. On the attorney side they drove off all the rain-makers and have been unable to attract any solid laterals. They bled their talent and the only ones left are those that can't find a job any where else.

Respect and value the contributions of all your employees.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Clifford Chance US (View Most Recent)

A mega sized company that doesn't really keep track of all its smaller parts.

Current Employee - Legal Assistant. in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant. in Washington, DC

I have been working at Clifford Chance US

Pros

An extremely large company with offices in many countries giving some the opportunity to work in other countries. There are many levels of competency so that individuals in the larger offices can "climb the corporate ladder."

Cons

They are too large and have lost track of their support staff and how they can contribute to the overall health and wealth of of the company. While always asking for input, the ideas put forth by the staff never seen to come to fruition.

Remember that the company is only as good as its weakest link. Listen to what the individuals have to say and try and answer their concerns in a complete way.

Team leader

I worked at Clifford Chance US full-time

Pros

Good salary and good food,transportation

Cons

Unstable and extremely challenging environment

Keep things stable