Cliffs Natural Resources

www.cliffsnaturalresources.com

The pay is the only reason people are happy

Mining Operator (Current Employee) Silver Bay, MN

ProsPay and benefits package is by far the best around. On paper, the work force is treated well. Monthly bonus program and profit sharing help a bunch.

ConsManagement has unreal expectations of crews. I believe that maintenance crews need to really FIX problems rather than put band aids on. Management system is messed up. Can be as many managers as operators, many of which have a real disconnect with those getting dirty.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to run programs such as gainshare and quarterly profit sharing. Do NOT change the benefit package. Must learn to promote from within in a more proper manner. Must learn to watch the activities of Section Managers more closely. Their disconnect to what happens day to day is definitely apparent.

They will tell you anything

Power Engineer (Current Employee) Wabush, NL (Canada)

I have been working at Cliffs Natural Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros: They got me here on the promise of a company house, said would be given three choices and then could move my family up with… Cons: Too many to list really, safety there is a joke, constant battle with the managers and planners to actually take action on critical issues. The… Advice to Senior Management: Get it together, start treating the people that work for you with some respect. Take a hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Desktop Support Analyst

I have been working at Cliffs Natural Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company, excellent management, great vision Cons: Some departments have no movement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cliffs Natural Resources.

Worked for Cliffs Natural Resources? Contribute to the Community!