CliftonLarsonAllen
www.cliftonlarsonallen.com Minneapolis, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Could be a lot better

Staff (Current Employee)

ProsExperience to work on various difference type of clients. CLA has a wide range of clients - small to large - with varying degrees of complexities. Staff will have the opportunity to build high level technical skills very quickly. Management is very encouraging and treats everyone with respect regardless of title.

ConsCLA expects a lot out of it's people. You will be pushed and sometimes you will be pushed to your limits. Thus, the firm is more focused on profits than the development of their people. Staff compensation is very poor, especially when considering the demands they place on you. Significant over-time is a given, and often work/life balance does not exist - despite promoting that work/life balance is a high priority to the firm (this is not accurate). The demands they expect from staff are equivalent to Big 4, however, base pay is slightly below Big 4, and unlike Big 4, there are no bonuses of any kind (no signing, annual, or performance), and the 401(k) match is a joke, with horrible vesting constraints.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the growth of your employees. While you will learn a lot working at CLA, I would discourage (and have) anyone from joining CLA, especially if they have offers from other public accounting firms.

I really enjoyed the work I was given.

I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen

Pros: Very professional staff. Friendly atmosphere. Cons: Favortism shown by upper management to certain people. Advice to Senior Management: Treat everyone with the same respect you treat your favorites. More

Resonant

I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen

Pros: The professional training and leadership mentoring received at this firm is second to none. Management doesn't give… Cons: Still wating to hear about the new collaborative strategic plan, however… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CliftonLarsonAllen.

Worked for CliftonLarsonAllen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CliftonLarsonAllen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CliftonLarsonAllen CEO Gordon A. (Gordy) Viere. All reviews posted anonymously by CliftonLarsonAllen employees.