Clinical Research Advantage

www.crastudies.com
  www.crastudies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clinical Research Advantage

Surely there are better places....

Former Employee - CRC
Former Employee - CRC

I worked at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Negligible benefits. I have had better and I have had worse. On the bright side you can move up in the organization if you spend a year or two working at it but forget any pay raise whether its in your contract or not. Consistency in data collection with lots of required training.

Cons

Leadership? If you can call it that. Temper tantrums galore, high turnover (one site lost two coordinators in a month), no pay raises to be had, competency of middle management questionable and people put in a position of power to manipulate subordinates. The behavior internally is not indicative of a professional organization and forget about any loyalty to employees - backstabbing is not faux pas. Bear in mind the for-profit research industry is plagued with it. Many including myself have felt threatened/uncomfortable with how employee /manager relations are handled. So be forewarned! My experience may/may not dictate how the site you work for will work for you.

Your employees do talk to each other from site to site and your not immune to weaknesses like perhaps you think you are. Compensate appropriately, give justifiable increases in wages, admit to fault instead of passing the blame on to your subordinates for your inaccuracies, be accountable and proactive in making people perform better outside of a few tokens every quarter and don't lie/fabricate truths about your employees to protect your own interests!

5 Other Employee Reviews for Clinical Research Advantage (View Most Recent)

Love it here!

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started working as a research assistant at Clinical Research Advantage about 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision to join this fast growing company. When I was hired I was told that I would have a lot of opportunity for growth and that is aspect I have been able to experience first hand in just my little time here so far. It hasn't even been a year and I am already transitioning into a higher role! The management has been great with training me to reach my full potential and all of my co-workers have turned into some of my closest friends. I really love the culture and I can't see myself working anywhere else!

Cons

I honestly can't think of too many cons besides the fact that I have experienced a couple changes as they have continued to grow. If you are someone who can't handle change or doesn't like trying new strategies for success this might not be the company for you. Since I started working with them they have already acquired one large clinical research company and I think they bought out another company pretty recently.

Maybe more incentives for employee referrals.

Sleep testing and respiratory Branch of CRA- overall decent

I have been working at Clinical Research Advantage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Owners are overall decent people and promote a positive environment. They work hard as well which motivates other staff to continuously work hard. My branch had great cohesiveness with all employees, who always pitched in to help each other out. Great place to gain experience,

Cons

They don't promote movement upwards, they take advantage of eager employers. Are dictated by insurance standards and guidelines, so it is a constant battle for referrals, reimbursement, patient collection, & overall income.

Provide regular guidance as opposed to becoming overbearing when referrals are low. Provide marketing materials instead of relying on your underpaid sales reps to design, approve through you, then finally order.

There are newer employer reviews for Clinical Research Advantage