Clorox

www.thecloroxcompany.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Clorox

Really works to make everyday life better, everyday for both consumers and employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Clorox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is a well established and stable company. The company is focused on work-life balance as well as ensuring personal skill development.

Cons

The organization runs lean; this can sometimes cause mismanagement of workload or job roles being cut when people leave. This sometimes also results in a lot of movement - when one person is moved, it can create a domino effect for others.

Apr 23, 2014Talent Management Consultant

Thank you for the great feedback!

275 Other Employee Reviews for Clorox (View Most Recent)

Internship at clorox

I worked at Clorox

Pros

Great industrial internship with research and development experience.
    I was able to pick the project I worked on all summer.

Cons

The managers definitely played favorites between interns purely based on mentors.
    Some of the projects will certainly have no impact on the company and seemed to be little more than busy work.

As an intern, you don't get to choose your mentor yet some of the managers played favorites purely based on mentors. Everything else was well done.

Apr 23, 2014Talent Management Consultant

Thank you for the feedback - we love hearing from our talented interns. We’re disappointed, though, that you didn’t have a great experience overall, and welcome any specific ideas or feedback you’d ... More

Excellent work-life balance, but politics laden environment is very slow.

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Clorox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work-life balance is great due to the entrenched position of the company's leading brands in mature, slow-moving categories.

Cons

The management plays favorites which leads to a monotonous type of person in the marketing function. The company clearly doesn't have a 'no-jerks' policy. If you fit the mold, "aggressive, driven, brand name business degree", you can go far. The company also has a process for everything. Want to get something done? First, consult the process and then wade through layers and layers of decision making.

The company could use a true diversity of styles and personalities. The marketing function self selects like personalities leading to groupthink that can't innovate itself outside of a bleach bottle. The decision making process is stifling. Consider trusting people and pushing decision making down the organization. Heck, throw out decision matrices altogether and trust the smart people throughout the organization.

Mar 24, 2014Talent Management Consultant

Thanks for your feedback. We’re disappointed you didn’t have a great experience overall, and welcome any specific ideas or feedback you’d be willing to share with us directly.

There are newer employer reviews for Clorox