There are newer employer reviews for Clorox

Family-friendly company with terrific talent

Current Employee - Associate Global Insights Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Associate Global Insights Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Clorox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing - smart, driven, and capable - and focused on building a terrific portfolio of household brands. The company truly does live by its values, creating an organization of people who are focused on doing the right thing in a respectful manner. Not only is the CPG marketing program great, but they invest in training employees too.

Cons

Like many large companies, there is a lot of bureaucracy and stage gates that prevent teams from moving fast. That can be especially difficult when contrasted against the really agile Bay Area start-up culture. Also, as a lean and flat company, there aren't many promotions available. They instead tend to keep things interesting by shifting assignments and roles. Not necessarily a con, but certainly something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring great people - my coworkers are wonderful and I'm inspired by management.

Other Employee Reviews for Clorox

1. Many companies claim that their employees are their greatest assets - Clorox means it.

Current Employee - Associate Research Fellow
    Current Employee - Associate Research Fellow

I have been working at Clorox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Morale is high, so people are committed to doing their best. Clorox supports employees in maintaining a balance between their personal and professional lives. The company has high ethical standards and promotes sustainability and responsibility.

Cons

The organization has many diverse departments, and it can be difficult to learn how they are supposed to interact. Because Clorox has grown by the acquisition of different companies, the culture and priorities can vary among groups.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job; however, not all groups have been adequately assimilated. A greater investment should be made in IT support. It can take weeks to resolve computer issues.

2. Clorox has been my best employer so far in my career,

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Prichard, WV
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Prichard, WV

I have been working at Clorox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career oriented, employee oriented, safety oriented company that seeks to find ways to help employees live better lives. It may be in part to lower health insurance costs, but there are lots of resources available to improve health and lifestyle. Benefits are great, including generous 401K matching above contribution of employee (10% contributed by employer when 4% is contributed by employee), good insurance plan with little hassle, and easy to manage resources.

Cons

They pay lower than average wage for the position I am in.

Advice to Management

Evaluate competitive wages for the positions in your company