Clorox

www.thecloroxcompany.com
  www.thecloroxcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clorox

Overall great place to work and ability to learn a lot/gain exposure to different projects/areas of work.

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Clorox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clorox provides a very good work environment with great people and a lot of focus around work-life balance (generally speaking). There is a lot focus on innovation which creates pride and excitement over our product portfolio today and to come. I also really respect our community involvement and focus on brining clean water to many third world areas - something people don't know enough about.

Cons

Career paths are not always clear and sometimes feels like it is more based on who you know than what you do. Organizational structure can feel very siloed, some senior leaders (SVP) feel out of touch with their groups and what we could be doing to be best in our industry when thinking about the support functions. A lot of process for process sake but the company is working through that right now so hopefully will improve and soon become a pro vs a con. Roles and responsibilities are not always clear

The company feels a bit siloed and that all functions operate on their own - I believe it would only strengthen our great work if we worked together as one. Examples would be consistent training & development, consistent Diversity & Inclusion, consistent communication about the business and initiatives, etc instead of everything happening differently by each function. It makes employees feel we are not always working on things together, it creates duplicate work, and added costs by not leveraging our full size for things like training programs and diversity speakers/programs where volume can mean cost savings. Something to consider.

263 Other Employee Reviews for Clorox (View Most Recent)

A lifetime of fun delivring results moving the company ahead.

Current Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Clorox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Quality of the products we produce. Fun and challenges of the work and projects I have gotten to work on.

Cons

As the company has gotten bigger there are more and more people I no longer know personally.

Find out what skills the current employees bring to Clorox. Find out what they would like to work on. Employees working on things they like breeds excitement about Clorox's future.

Great Company -Collaborative

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Clorox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Collaborative Culture
    2. Leadership cares about people development. Very robust succession planning model
    3. Opportunities available laterally across multiple functions
    4. CEO - Don Knauss is humble and keeps every employee in the loop in terms of changes corporate wide.
    5. Year over Year high engagement scores from employees as conducted by independant third party consultants
    6. Super work - life balance
    7. Active in the community

Cons

1. Systems are not at par with similar companies in the CPG space although the new CIO Ralph loura has been making significant changes to where Clorox has taken significant leaps forward.
    2. Slow to change but this is in line with most CPG companies that are afraid to lose share due to a wrong move
    3. As with every company, career progression standards are different across different people depending on who you know in leadership. This is a fact of life and is not Clorox only and so maybe this does not qualify as a con.
    4. Pay is lesser than industry standard for the profession I am in and I have heard this is consistent across several people internally I have talked with

Continue the good work and path to agility, working capital improvement and overall top line improvement with innovation and partnering.

There are newer employer reviews for Clorox