Club One

www.clubone.com

Club One is really fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPositive work environment and fun staff. Management are approachable. Nice clubs and safety is taken very seriously. This company has a very skilled HR department and labor laws and considerations are taken very seriously. There are opportunities to advance for employees that are eager to learn and apply themselves. This company allows you to think outside of the box and come up with great ideas. Some of the best management skills I learned were gained while being employed with Club One. Club One is very flexible with school and family schedules. They believe that if you are happy in your personal life, you will be happy at work. This can be the most valuable part of working with Club One, because many other companies do not care.

ConsLow pay for employees and no raises, unless you promote. There is a strong disconnect with the corporate office and club level. Corporate often creates rules/promotions that just don't work on the club level. Employees also are hardly ever given recognition for hard work and/or achievements. Besides health benefits for full time employees, there are no other perks or incentives offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your employees. Corporate: spend more time at the clubs to find out what really works and what doesn't for each demographic.

Terrible management

Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Club One part-time for less than a year

Pros: -My co-workers (non-management) were amazing. -very nice facility -interesting place to work-most… Cons: -crappy management -terrible treatment of the staff -no room for advancement or growth -crappy benefits and pay -doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: You need to take a hard look at your company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the better health clubs to work for. But missing some internal structure.

Personal Trainer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Club One full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Not heavy on nasty sales pressure for the personal trainers, which is a huge Pro. Solid company… Cons: Hard to move around withing the company for some strange reason. Hard to be notice and appreciated… Advice to Senior Management: There are some great people in Club One...please don't forget about them! Sometimes there can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Club One.

Worked for Club One? Contribute to the Community!