There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

waitstaff with club corp

Former Employee - Waitstaff  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Waitstaff in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ClubCorp

Pros

fine dining experience that is invaluable for good paying future waitstaff jobs and life in general
flexible time off, understanding management
pay can be very good through tip shares, though you would definatley make more if it was not auto included and divided. Networking with affluent individuals for future jobs

Cons

sometimes pay can be very bad, and through the tip share system, you could work your butt off and someone could be lazy and still get paid the same, opposite of customer service positions. Senior management was out of touch with employees, over paid and unmotivational. Lower level management was a bit better.

Senior management should learn how to actually be a leader, as well as motivate the workstaff. Alot of the waitstaff is college students, learning our names, telling us when we did a good job, and motivating us is better for your profitability as we are happy and interact with customers. Remember, the customers experience is very dependant on the waitstaff, start treating us a little better.

88 Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp (View Most Recent)

Great training ground for entry into Club industry

Current Employee - Club Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Club Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ClubCorp

Pros

Highly competent senior management leadership. Great wealth of resources and information available from other clubs. Supportive of Employees for the most part. High standards for food, service and atmosphere and good training to help achieve it. Innovation is improving

Cons

Low ,below market wages for hourly staff and for some managers. Capital resources are allocated heavily to trophy and larger locations while smaller market clubs dont get enough help to maintain a competitive facility. Well intended but far too many corporate mandated programs, systems, reporting requirements- does not give local management enough time to implement and run with their own plans. Demands on the Accounting Dept are particularly ridiculous.

Back off on unit managers/ allow raises to deserving employees instead of arbitrary freeze. Dont spend millions of company money on a charity event when employees are not given a small annual raise.

ClubCorp is not a place to grow or advance.

Current Employee - Member Services Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Member Services Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ClubCorp

Pros

There are clubs throughout the country which allows for some mobility. It can be a fun business at times.

Cons

Executives are compensated well, while everyone else receives bellow average salaries. There is little room to learn, grow or advance. There is little effort made to make the work experience pleasant.

Employee morale is very low because employees do not feel that their time is valued or paid well for. Senior management often encourages us to come to them with ideas, but I've yet to see any of them instituted in the years that I've been with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

Worked for ClubCorp? Contribute to the Community!