waitstaff with club corp

Former Employee - Waitstaff in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Waitstaff in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ClubCorp

Pros

fine dining experience that is invaluable for good paying future waitstaff jobs and life in general
flexible time off, understanding management
pay can be very good through tip shares, though you would definatley make more if it was not auto included and divided. Networking with affluent individuals for future jobs

Cons

sometimes pay can be very bad, and through the tip share system, you could work your butt off and someone could be lazy and still get paid the same, opposite of customer service positions. Senior management was out of touch with employees, over paid and unmotivational. Lower level management was a bit better.

Advice to Management

Senior management should learn how to actually be a leader, as well as motivate the workstaff. Alot of the waitstaff is college students, learning our names, telling us when we did a good job, and motivating us is better for your profitability as we are happy and interact with customers. Remember, the customers experience is very dependant on the waitstaff, start treating us a little better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great training ground for entry into Club industry

Current Employee - Club Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Club Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ClubCorp

Pros

Highly competent senior management leadership. Great wealth of resources and information available from other clubs. Supportive of Employees for the most part. High standards for food, service and atmosphere and good training to help achieve it. Innovation is improving

Cons

Low ,below market wages for hourly staff and for some managers. Capital resources are allocated heavily to trophy and larger locations while smaller market clubs dont get enough help to maintain a competitive facility. Well intended but far too many corporate mandated programs, systems, reporting requirements- does not give local management enough time to implement and run with their own plans. Demands on the Accounting Dept are particularly ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Back off on unit managers/ allow raises to deserving employees instead of arbitrary freeze. Dont spend millions of company money on a charity event when employees are not given a small annual raise.

Importance of bottom line with no regard to members.

Current Employee - Office Staff in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ClubCorp

Pros

Freedom to set own hours. Feels like a family environment. Fun most of the time. Ability to use other clubs if you have time to travel.

Cons

Benefits package leaves much to be desired. No matching in the 401K plan. Salaries are not in line with other companies. Sick leave policy is horrible. High level of training is expected but the time to train is not available. Managers are spread too thin to be effective.

Advice to Management

Turnover is high due to lack of training & below average benefits & compensation packages. Impossible to attract competent people when compensation packages are not comparable to other companies.