There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

I enjoyed my time with ClubCorp.

Former Employee - Private Events Director in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Private Events Director in Plano, TX

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Club 100, other sales incentive trips, fair working conditions, nice club manager. Tenured staff.

Cons

UTO- unpaid time off. Maybe it went away by now, but forced unpaid time off for all managers, even sales people was lousy. Limited opportunities to move up.

Create some additional supportive layers for PEDs. Membership is everything, but PEDs can add quite a bit to overall profitability. Give them something to grow towards.

reviews filtered by
  1. Does not value employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loyal members and some nice co-workers, I made real friends here.
     This has been a stepping stone for me and it made me realize what I DONT want in an employer. I dreaded work most days...not a way to live.

Cons

Company does not value the employees. There is no training or continuing education for staff. The company can see some clubs are in shambles and nothing is done. Employees are unhappy, unmotivated, and most underpaid. During my year and a half as a department head I saw the most turnover I've ever seen in my working career (including fast food restaurants during my high school years). In my 18 months with the club I worked with 2 general managers, 3 private event directors, 2 service directors, 2 membership directors, and 3 executive chefs. These are not hourly part time positions, but salaried full time employees who were fed up and miserable. On my first day of work I was simply shown my area to manage and expected to run it with no training or even an orientation about the company. You would think a large corporate place would have such training in place. In the beginning I took the job as a challenge...but after a year of the same BS and same promises with no action, it gets real old and just exhausting.

Set up proper training guidelines for department heads

2. Negative and depressing working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The view was very nice

Cons

The staff/co-workers are so depressed, negative and just mean-- it was painful.

Transparency on all levels specifically in the accounting department and HR department on a corporate level.

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp