There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an employee with Club Corp. Club Corp really knows how to treat their employees.

Former Employee - Server  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ClubCorp part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The relationships that were built with fellow employees and members of the club were truly priceless. On top of those being able to use the club for personal events at a discounted rate. Even though I was not able to take advantage of this opportunity, it is truly an excellent opportunity.

Cons

Extremely late shifts. Most of the time after working a wedding I would not get off until 3-4am.

Organization is key! I have had excellent managers and average managers. The difference was simple, setting clear goals and objectives to achieve the task.

90 Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp (View Most Recent)

"Stuff" Rolls Downhill

I worked at ClubCorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are not ambitious or not too bright--then ClubCorp has some great jobs for you. Also, if you are in a small town, the Member-only model at a golf or business club can make you a big fish. There truly are "Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments and Fond Farewells" for the Members--and they tend to treat the staff with love and respect.

Cons

The leadership is so out of touch that they could be on Mars instead of Dallas. Sales rule, so if the economy changes---it's YOUR FAULT! Numbers are down and attrition is up, so fire the GM--oh wait--that didn't work--so fire the MD--oh wait--that didn't work--so fire the front of house--oh wait that didn't work--so fire the new GM--oh wait that didn't work--so fire the RVP.....See a pattern?!

Learn ALL your markets and be more sophisticated. Texas is not the center of the Universe. Go back to basics and stop trying to compete with TGIFridays. Rethink who is moved up the ranks. Sometimes going OUTSIDE the company nets better talent and more intelligent, creative leadership. But, you have to pay the right salaries or you will continue to get the same breed of duds. Get familiar with cost of living outside of Texas.

Great coworkers, great staff

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to get to know a lot of people.
    Steady income

Cons

Not a place to make fast cash

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

Worked for ClubCorp? Contribute to the Community!