Excellent Experience

Former Employee - Membership Director in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Membership Director in Dayton, OH

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic training, opportunity to move within company to beautiful locations, very supportive of salespeople.

Cons

None; this is truly a wonderful company. I know that my predecessor felt pressured to sell but that's what we are hired to do-sell. In sales, you reap what you sow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I loved my job; I performed quite successfully because of the fantastic support from ClubCorp. My boss at the club was wonderful as was the VP of Sales for the company. I regret leaving every day. I had the chance to meet CEO Eric Affeldt in person while in training in Dallas (which was amazing) and he was intriguing-started out as a towel boy and worked his way up. I'll never forget his story.

Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp

1. Great place for experience and enjoyable work!

I worked at ClubCorp part-time

Pros

Worked there back in high school, loved the place and would recommend it: Fun/Relatively easy work Enjoyable members Good networking opportunities Good benefits (i.e. golf discounts & ability to play the course)

Cons

Little/No chance of receiving a raise Management can be oblivious to issues/problem of junior employees

Advice to Management

Take note of junior employee's ideas and perceptions of other employees. At the very least, be willing to hear a conversation about raises.

2. Good experience but communication needs improvement.

I worked at ClubCorp full-time

Pros

Dedicated staff in most respects with a tremendous amount of knowledge. Very good in the areas of sales and marketing, and accounting practices.

Cons

Arrogant attitude towards anything that has not originated from within. Very hard to get new ideas across. Needs upgrading in golf ops, golf maintenance and fitness practices to remain competitive.