ClubCorp

www.clubcorp.com

Manager, Back of House

Current Employee - Executive Chef
Current Employee - Executive Chef

Pros

Good systems and resources. Becoming more food oriented and many opportunities for creativity. Opportunities for growth.

Cons

Always "more with less" philosophy.
Poor benefits package.

Spend some time at club level.

Other reviews for ClubCorp

Service Captain

Pros

You can have the same exact position for like 29 years. Seriously

Cons

Where do I start I worked there for 3 years and got fired for not doing something that wasn't my job. My freind got seriously injured at one of their clubs and management tried to pay him workman's comp of $150 a week. They treat their employees terribly and its a dead end job. Management does not care about the members/customers or employees. Any benefits offered are not real because they refuse to give you earned vacation time and screw you every chance they get. All they care about us cutting back hours so no matter how hard you work you are a number. Don't even think about working for these people.

The country club industry is dieing out and hopefully you will go with it.

Members are number one, not their employees.

Current Employee - Private Events Director
    Current Employee - Private Events Director

Pros

If you are a member of the Club you're in a great place because they are treated like royalty. The company gave me a starting place right after graduating college and I gained skills that are useful in the workplace (however, none that exceed my private education). There are also plenty of Clubs to transfer to if you wish to advance your career with this company.

Cons

There is no such thing as work-life balance with this company, it simply does not exist. As a salaried department head you are expected to give the world with little monetary return, or even appreciation for that matter. The severe lack of communication between department heads, unrealistic expectations regarding the work you are expected to complete on a daily and weekly basis, and overall negative work environment significantly diminishes office moral and the desire to produce the results they seek. Not to mention half of your clients are the members themselves, which is great if you connect with them. However, most are petty, demanding, unappreciative, and expect you to worship the ground they walk on simply because they pay dues to walk in the door.

The benefits are terrible, the company has a 401k plan, however they do not match. The health insurance is costly, the coverage is mediocre, and the waiting period for benefits is longer than most companies. At the end of the day everything comes down to sales, members and money in their eyes, and it will never change.

Learn to manage the expectations you have for your directors and consider the experience, management style, and leadership capacity (if any) that your supervisors have. Take care of your employees better and you might have less turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp.

Worked for ClubCorp? Contribute to the Community!