ClubCorp

www.clubcorp.com
  www.clubcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

An Educational & Rewarding Experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

I worked at ClubCorp full-time

Pros

This was actually my first real job. I learned a lot about foods, wines, liquors & etiquette. Met some very interesting people, both Members & Employee Partners who will forever be family. An experience that I would not change for anything. A wonderful place to have worked. "You don't miss your water until your well runs dry". I loved this Club & all that went along with it.

Cons

Corporate greed. Dropping the initiation deposit was probably the worst change that the company did. It took the exclusiveness away from the Clubs. It was apparent to most Members that it was now about quantity & not quality as in affordability. Allow Club Managers to be more active in creating a realistic budget for their Club.

Appreciate your people more by listening to their comments & following up with changes that are sensible
and recognizing those that make cost saving ideas with bonuses.

102 Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp (View Most Recent)

Members are number one, not their employees.

Current Employee - Private Events Director
    Current Employee - Private Events Director

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a member of the Club you're in a great place because they are treated like royalty. The company gave me a starting place right after graduating college and I gained skills that are useful in the workplace (however, none that exceed my private education). There are also plenty of Clubs to transfer to if you wish to advance your career with this company.

Cons

There is no such thing as work-life balance with this company, it simply does not exist. As a salaried department head you are expected to give the world with little monetary return, or even appreciation for that matter. The severe lack of communication between department heads, unrealistic expectations regarding the work you are expected to complete on a daily and weekly basis, and overall negative work environment significantly diminishes office moral and the desire to produce the results they seek. Not to mention half of your clients are the members themselves, which is great if you connect with them. However, most are petty, demanding, unappreciative, and expect you to worship the ground they walk on simply because they pay dues to walk in the door.

The benefits are terrible, the company has a 401k plan, however they do not match. The health insurance is costly, the coverage is mediocre, and the waiting period for benefits is longer than most companies. At the end of the day everything comes down to sales, members and money in their eyes, and it will never change.

Learn to manage the expectations you have for your directors and consider the experience, management style, and leadership capacity (if any) that your supervisors have. Take care of your employees better and you might have less turnover.

I worked there 9 years and was happiest when I left and I was considered management.

Former Employee - Am Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Am Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When I started, it was a family owned business but then KSL Resorts bought it and it was all down hill from then on. I learned about business clubs, dealing with members, payroll, dealing with management, and dealing with the staff. I worked with some very hard working and dedicated people and for a company that just did not care about it's employees.

Cons

The pay here was barely above minimum wage, had to pay for your food and your parking, they did not give raises, and you had to work many parties for free. They would take part of employee tips from the tip pool, which is illegal, but if you did not like it, you could leave. I would recommend this company only to my worst enemy.

You can't keep good people with such a lousy attitude towards the workers who provide excellent service for your members. Without the members, you have no club.

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp