There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

An Educational & Rewarding Experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

I worked at ClubCorp full-time

Pros

This was actually my first real job. I learned a lot about foods, wines, liquors & etiquette. Met some very interesting people, both Members & Employee Partners who will forever be family. An experience that I would not change for anything. A wonderful place to have worked. "You don't miss your water until your well runs dry". I loved this Club & all that went along with it.

Cons

Corporate greed. Dropping the initiation deposit was probably the worst change that the company did. It took the exclusiveness away from the Clubs. It was apparent to most Members that it was now about quantity & not quality as in affordability. Allow Club Managers to be more active in creating a realistic budget for their Club.

Appreciate your people more by listening to their comments & following up with changes that are sensible
and recognizing those that make cost saving ideas with bonuses.

reviews filtered by

I worked there 9 years and was happiest when I left and I was considered management.

Former Employee - Am Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Am Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When I started, it was a family owned business but then KSL Resorts bought it and it was all down hill from then on. I learned about business clubs, dealing with members, payroll, dealing with management, and dealing with the staff. I worked with some very hard working and dedicated people and for a company that just did not care about it's employees.

Cons

The pay here was barely above minimum wage, had to pay for your food and your parking, they did not give raises, and you had to work many parties for free. They would take part of employee tips from the tip pool, which is illegal, but if you did not like it, you could leave. I would recommend this company only to my worst enemy.

You can't keep good people with such a lousy attitude towards the workers who provide excellent service for your members. Without the members, you have no club.

Only If You are a Sucker For Punishment.... WORST COMPANY EVER!

I worked at ClubCorp

Pros

Free Golf..... IF you can ever find time. You will spend your every waking moment slaving away for these jerks

The Members are the BEST PART..... they actually treat you better than management.

You will learn a lot here...... how to conform to submissive slavery.... unless your smart enough to stand up for yourself.

Cons

First of All.... I am so glad there is finally a website that helps employees anonymously Expose the horrible treatment that goes on with companies like this. You can never find fair recourse from such treatment without fear of being prevented to ever work again.

* "Regional Managers" or anything above a Supervisor Level employee posting praising reviews on here.... is total BS!

* Scare tactics and "managing by fear" is the norm with this company. They do NOT treat employees with respect and because of that they have lost a lot of good people over the recent years.

* Terrible / Expensive Benefits.

* If the economy begins to tank again.... you better be looking for new employment.... and fast!

* Zero Loyalty to those who helped the company make all that revenue off their long hours at work and talents. They throw up a good smoke screen with the members to make themselves look like they care about the employees.... don't be fooled.

My suggestion to anyone working for these people... get out before it's to late! If you don't like it there.... take their advice and leave. The sooner you do, the better off you will be.

As the old saying goes.... "The beatings will continue until employee morale improves."

Look in the mirror and find some integrity. The reviews on here should tell you something.

There are many... and they are TRUE! Drop That in Your Star Card Box!

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp