There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Awful Place to Work...Revolving Door!!

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at CoStar Group

Pros

Benefits are okay if you can stand working there long enough to get them.

Cons

Costar promices the world and fails to deliver on all accounts. They suck you in and will fire you on a whim. There is no respect for employees, they use scare tatics which lowers employee moral even more. No chance for advancement, and you dont want to advance ...they wil fire you in your a manager with a year. Awful place, they treat employees so badly. Only take a job here if your really really desperate for a paycheck! Not a career, and it will leave a bad taste in your mouth towards corporate jobs.

Treat employees like people not numbers. But I feel bad for you because its the hire ups making it so hard for you.

315 Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group (View Most Recent)

If I could give this company a negative score I would.

Current Employee - Research Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Research Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at CoStar Group

Pros

Free Food and nice building.
    Good Coffee and Fruit Bowls

Cons

Everything that had to do with Management
    Unrealistic views and ideals.
    Horrible I mean Horrible training.
    They Have a turnover rate of 50% that they will not tell you.
    Mid Management has no ideal how to motivate and or develop team members.

Well.... The first thing I will tell you is that you should stay away from this company if your looking to start a Carree. Half the people who stay for over 5 months turn into zombies that are controlled be the fear that they can be let go at any time. The call you Research Associates but you should be called Robot one and the buddy sitting next to you Robot two. I was amazed to go through the company directory and see the majority of the staff is at or close to one year with the company, just shows you how much turnover this place has. I know things will never change because the company is making money and some might say have a excellent product. Now onto the training, It sucks and having the opportunity to have worked in other large corporate establishment in management this is where the company has the most opportunity. I truly believe the high turnover rate is a direct reflection of the initial training. Because after you get out of training you are expect to know everything as if you have been with the company for 20 plus years. Just understand that this is a company ran by a younger management team. Many people will see this and understandably say this was writing by someone who is bitter and or was not good at his job, maybe so. But I will tell you what you are told by the recruiters and what you have to do is totally different. All I have to say to all the college grads and or People looking for a change of pace, Buyer beware!!!! College Grads I recommend going to Enterprise Rent A Car, They have a great Management Program and basically have their stuff together. Plus it's gold on a resume if you want to start down the road of sales and Management. And for all who have decided that they need a change of pace.... You should looking to picking a trash route up! That will be a better option then this one. Good Luck!

Lackluster experience, Senior management is seen, not heard, and often abrasive

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at CoStar Group

Pros

Benefits, exposure the real estate industry

Cons

No collaboration, no opportunity for advancement

The company could be doing even better if employees were listened to and permitted to participate in innovation

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!