CoStar Group

www.costar.com
There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

It's a job...

Former Employee - Field Researcher

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers decent health insurance package as well as 401K retirement plan, holiday and vacation pay

Cons

Managers that don't have a clue how to be postive leaders, listeners, or offer guidance. People who do not work at a main office are considered contract employees (it's in the TINY fine print) and are on their own financially if they are injured on the job.

Train your department managers better or maybe be more choosy about who you hire for management positions. Most that I encountered were terrible at communicating and when they were asked to explain something or go into depth about a job related question, they danced around it and never gave a real answer.

330 Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group (View Most Recent)

Want to feel like the bottom of the scum bucket... become a field researcher!

Former Employee - Field Researcher

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company car.
    No office
    Great hours
    For the TOTAL inverted type person!

Cons

They dont listen to the field. what "in-house" says is what stands. Even if you see it with your own eyes you will be told its wrong. they put commision based on performance between in house and field, but in house will always trump field reps. They will send you to area that have been worked over and over and expect you to hit the goals, even when its not possible.

Allow in house to do its job and then send field research out to get more of the details and photos. work together and not against each other.

Great place to make friends

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits and efforts to create engaging social atmosphere but it needs to come from the top, not just from those employed to do damage control

Cons

I have tried looking past how stressful the work atmosphere can be with unrealistic goals that you get constantly confronted for obviously not being able to meet because of the people that do care enough to put a lot of effort into employee engagement and benefits. The office was on liberal leave the past 2 days during what was supposed to be a hurricane--most of the area was fine, but in a city like DC, employees commute from all over and surely some were actually affected. Most importantly, almost all employees use public transportation which was shut down. Instead of feeling sorry for most employees being forced to use vacation time and not be normally paid for 2 days, the CEO sent out a company-wide email "thanking" the employees who did make it in "despite drizzle and 12 mph winds". If he only had access to public transportation and made $40,000 I wonder what he would have done. I don't have any hard feelings and do like my job and what I have gotten out of my experience, but I hope he regrets the diction in his email and realizes that just because he doesn't depend on public transportation doesn't mean the employees that drive his company don't.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T