CoStar Group

www.costar.com
There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Fellow employees were very nice and it was a great work environment.

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Research Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company to get your start in the workforce.

Cons

Not such a challenging job but great pay.

Need more opportunities for advancement.

345 Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group (View Most Recent)

A great concept gone wrong!

Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you meet will be among the best memories you have of your time there. The product is very useful to the clients but could be so much better. That's about it.

Cons

The upper management cares nothing for the rank and file. I always went to work wondering "when will I get the chop?". Everyone was always worried about their job security. For good reason. People would get hired and fired on an on going basis. This place is the epitome of a revolving door. Not just researchers, but research managers too. The only place that was "safe" was HR and Senior Management. Bottom line, not a great place to work if you want peace of mind. Also, they always found a reason not to pay out on bonuses.

Learn to value your researchers. Don't move the goal posts every other month. Pay the bonuses. learn to create a stable environment. Lastly, slow down the metrics it will vastly benefit the quality of the product!

This job is living HELL

Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    State of the art building

Cons

Everything else! This place lures you in with the free "organic" foods that are stocked fresh everyday, the tickets to games and events at the Verizon Center and the good health benefits but everything else is a disaster. The entire company is gift/prizes driven, set people up for failure with the impossible goals you have to meet and make you feel inferior when others excel. The people you contact on a regular basis cant stand you because of how frequently we have to call and I get hung up on or cursed out ON A DAILY BASIS! We're just glorified telemarketer. Everyday at 5pm I feel like I'm breaking out of jail, and this is NOT an understatement.

The turnover rate is very high which is why there are always so many interview processes and job openings. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB if offered. Don't even schedule an interview, it isn't worth the daily stress. I cannot wait until the day I turn in my letter of resignation.

STOP MICROMANAGING! It's retarded.

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group