CoStar Group

www.costar.com

Decent Place to start, but that's it

Research Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOut of college, the Research Associate position can be a great first job. Decent pay ($40K), and great, young colleagues. Decent benefits and 401k matching.

Growing company with opportunities to move up, however, there are caveats (see cons)

Once a quarter or so you get a free ticket to a baseball game with $20 to spend as well.

ConsMonotonous work.

Many managers are inexperienced and overbearing.

Upper management is out of touch with best research practices and they constantly try to drive the processes that are used by the researchers instead of results that are achieved.

Even if you are promoted, you you are still undervalued/under paid and overworked. And the opportunity to move up again is many years off. I can't imagine staying at this company for the years required to move up vertically 2 steps.

Broken metrics system which does not reward the researchers who actually provide the most value to clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't focus so much on the processes, focus on driving results. At least don't apply a one-size-fits-all approach to the 1000+ researchers.

Pay your employees more, this will lead to higher quality personal and better data.

Don't be implement minimum baselines with just a couple of weeks left in the quarter to screw employees out of bonuses.

Its not a fun place to work

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time

Pros: Pay, travel perks, conferences, etc... Cons: Everything else. Very hastie work enviroment Advice to Senior Management: Chill out Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dishonorable firm. Work at your own risk.

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at CoStar Group full-time

Pros: None...There is nothing redeeming about this company. The remote pro is that… Cons: Do not own up to their commitments. Beware any promises of salary, bonus or any compensation. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CoStar Group.

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!