CoStar Group

www.costar.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Work here only to avoid unemployment

Former Employee - Research Associate in White Marsh, MD
Former Employee - Research Associate in White Marsh, MD

I worked at CoStar Group

Pros

The only reason to work at CoStar is the pay and the benefits. Compared to other employers they are, on average, higher.

Cons

Plan on selling your soul. I was asked to many things that would be deemed unethical by two layers of management. Senior management will change pay scale and bonus scheldule on a whim. At an office I worked at yearly turnover was over 75%. A few people quite every week, including managers.

Get some training on how to treat people. Respect is key in keeping employees motivated. Also, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. Finally, treat you customers better.

358 Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group (View Most Recent)

The good with the bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CoStar Group

Pros

Good location in Downtown Bethesda. Benefits are decent. I work for a great manager, even if she doesn't understand most of my job.

Cons

Communication. Last-minute projects with unrealistic deadlines. Metrics spreadsheets that exceed the bounds of human comprehension. Unrealistic (popular word here) expectations with regard to meeting bonus minimums, so the "gates" are frequently lowered at quarter-end, so it's not totally demoralizing that nobody received a bonus. Would make more sense for upper management to realize the goals they set will take longer to achieve, and they need to raise them more gradually.

Pay attention to employee feedback. Many of us have great ideas. Some of the executives have never worked for another company in their lives. This lack of perspective is painfully obvious.

If you work under the CIO things are fairly good.

Current Employee - Development and IT in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Development and IT in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CoStar Group

Pros

Lots of coding projects to work on

Generally have decent server and network infrastructure to run our software

Able to take time off when needed

Cons

Upper management changes their mind very frequently. Sometimes it's frustrating to work on a project only to have that project dropped in favor for another project (which may also be dropped).

Direction is always changing, that's frustrating. But I guess it's most important that this company succeeds and if changing direction is what is needed, so be it.

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group