There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Research Associate

Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

CoStar Group is a good job for recent grads who are interested in commercial real estate. I started out there, and then was able to get a better paying job as a research analyst at another commercial real estate company. They have great health care and other benefits. They also give out quarterly bonuses, which can really add up.

Cons

It is an intense job, with some recent hires being fired during phone training. However, CoStar rarely fires researchers after they get a couple months under their belt

Although a lot is said about providing opportunities for researchers to grow, you need to make sure that those opportunities are readily available for well performing researchers. You should have a lot more training classes for researchers to be promoted to research associate II.

reviews filtered by

Worst Job Ever, stay away

Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-free snacks, and free juice
    -their analytic platform is genius
    - the system is very user friendly

Cons

-pay is low
    -office environment is high pressure
    -glass ceiling, no promotions
    -evaluation system is terrible
    -micromanagement is their culture
    -tasks are repetitive
    -after one month you will lose your mind

Listen to your employees

I Hate My Job

Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Free snacks, and coffee
    - Free perks such as bike rental
    - Co-Workers are awesome
    - PR team
    - I am leaving soon, no point in staying somewhere where you are not treated and valued like a human being.

Cons

- No room for growth
    - Sweat shop worthy
    - It's a dictatorship environment( micromanaged)
    - If you don't perform, you get fired. The metric system is so messed up, you're already screwed before you even start
    - Management doesn't have a clue about anything except for wanting you to work
    - It's a telemarketing job with leads that renew every month, and your job is to punch in data
    - The training program/orientation program is the worst, it doesn't really test your knowledge
      I've seen really smart people fall through the cracks on this one because of how horrible training is.
      (HIRE REAL CONTRACTED TRAINERS, NOT FORMER STAFF MEMBERS)
    - Rain, Hail, Snow, Armageddon (We are still open)
    - The interview process is non sense. You literally go through about 5 rounds for a telemarketing position
    - HR is always losing stuff, paperwork, your phone number, transcripts etc...had to resend mine a couple of times because someone wasn't doing their job.
    - The same old snack can get tiresome after a while..switch if up. Maybe a little cereal, and other types of breakfast food like pop tarts, or pastries wouldn't hurt. (YOU HAVE THE $$ FOR IT)
    - Rarely get paid your bonus one time.
    - Greed is very bad, management needs to start looking at how they can compensate the little guys instead of using them to get their bonus. It's a screwed up system overall.

- Do your homework
    - Treat your researchers with some respect
    - Be honest about the career path for your employees
    - Don't sell me a dream, sell me a career
    - Read these reviews, make some changes. The culture is terrible, it's run like a sweat shop. Pay your researches when they reach their quota.
    - I guarantee if you focus a little bit more on the employees, you will be one of the best places to work in America because it's a very innovative company.

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group