There are newer employer reviews for CoWorx Staffing

although positive, I'm looking for consistent work

Current Contractor - Retail Sales Specialist in Wayne, NJ
Current Contractor - Retail Sales Specialist in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at CoWorx Staffing as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

my pay rate is a good one, and I love what I do, which is why I stay with them

Cons

while I love what I do, I need to do it consistently- then it would be perfect

Advice to Management

when you have someone who loves their work, and does well at it, you should keep them working!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Nice people to work with and for, however not much opportunity for growth

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at CoWorx Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company, the upper management is always willing to talk to you and they are great people to work for.

Cons

As a whole, their is not much opportunity for growth and depending on which branch you work for their is not a lot of mangement support

Misleading and poorly managed

Current Employee - "Agent" in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - "Agent" in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at CoWorx Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Actual co-workers and trainers are mostly wonderful people. The starting pay is decent for an entry level person who needs to learn a trade.

Cons

Not enough time in training, Was trained for one skill set or "program" and actually worked a completely different one with NO training...was told literally to figure it out on my own, which I did for the most part, but some things you cannot figure out on your own. Like inability to log in to nessesary programs, computer crashes, software crashes, tiomekeeping program doesn't keep time...the list goes on and on and on. Disorganized company all around, and they hire people as temps, with promises of perm placement. Instead of keeping the amazing poeple they have (who work 13 hours with only a 30 min lunch break during the iPhone5 launch), they hire new temporary people. They could easily take temp people and cross-train. They also do not tell you anything as far as when your job will end and don't really seem to care that they are putting people in a very bad position. We can't take time to look for permanant employment, but we are being told that the job will go on...for another week....and another week. Its a rediculous company.

Advice to Management

Change the name from Staffing service. Staffing services do their best to keep people employed. Hire someone to disinfect the office, its like hanging out in an ER. Everyone is always sick. Get rid of the "points" system, this is not a high school. If people call in sick, theyre probably really sick. You dont have any paid time off and we can't afford to do without the income. You have people coming in with the flu because they cant afford not to work, round and round we go getting each other sick and then you dare to ask for a "doctors note" as I'm sitting at my desk with 104 fever, hacking up a lung, snot flying everywhere. You still need proof? Please get real.