There are newer employer reviews for Coach

Must be able to play the political game.

I have been working at Coach

Pros

A very professional retail company who pays very well and offers great bonus with benefit packages. The company is doing very well and it shows with the structure of the company.

Cons

To really move up in the company you must play the political game. Brown nosing is the best way to move up in the company and also networking helps.

Advice to Management

Understand that your peers have a say in the matter.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great discount, but not a great place to start a career.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Good discount Teamshare bonuses, but only if the store makes its goal Learn effective selling tactics Looks good on a resume Products are interesting and fun

Cons

Leadership is very manipulative Few to no internal promotions Turnover is very high Favoritism is both rampant and blatant Secrecy and deceit from management There are no rewards for personal performance, only store performance Store managers will hire a friend of an employee in order to give an employee the

Advice to Management

Let part time employees anonymously review their management team to create transparency between ranks. A bad store manager can and does make for a miserable workplace.

Think twice about Coach!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Coach

Pros

There are many great leaders in the organization. The pay and bonus structure is fair. They are supportive from a payroll perspective.

Cons

If you have HR issues don't worry about calling the HR hotline. They listen to your concern and tell you that there is a zero retaliation policy. Well, I know first hand that this is NOT the case. After calling on the DM about not showing up for work, violating dress code issues, sharing private information with other employees, nothing was done. The DM became very hateful and disrespectful towards me and my management team. I even sent a letter to Senior Management and HR before I left, again asking them to resolve the issue and support their zero retaliation policy. Again, nothing was done. I went as far as giving very specific examples of when, where and who to contact to confirm the incidents. So, if you want to work for a company where HR issues are "brushed under the carpet" and policies are not adhered to, then Coach is your Company. I was with the Company for 5.5 years and they chose to listen to an habitual liar over a tenure trusted employee. Very sad.

Advice to Management

Adhere to your policies that are in place. You want people to call the hotline when there are issues in the workplace but you place them in the "line of fire" when you do not support your zero retaliation policy.