There are newer employer reviews for Coach

Must be able to play the political game.

I have been working at Coach

Pros

A very professional retail company who pays very well and offers great bonus with benefit packages. The company is doing very well and it shows with the structure of the company.

Cons

To really move up in the company you must play the political game. Brown nosing is the best way to move up in the company and also networking helps.

Understand that your peers have a say in the matter.

505 Other Employee Reviews for Coach (View Most Recent)

After working in apparel for 18 years, Coach is a breath of fresh air!

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Pay is well above average compared to other retailers.
    Payroll given to stores is actually adequate to run the business and accomplish tasks that are required.
    Incentive plan is for all employees, not just the management team.
    Amazing employee discount.
    Stores are not micro-managed by DM and RM.
    Benefits are great. This is the only retailer I have ever worked for that actually gives you sick days plus your vacation time.

Cons

There are very few downsides. My biggest complaint would have to be that the return policy needs to be re-vamped. Other than this, I have no complaints. I have worked at many major retialers including Victoria's Secret, Express, Eddie Bauer, Gap, and American Eagle and Coach is so much more employee friendly. Many of the managers and associates in my district have been with the company for years, and this is rare in retail. When you ask them why they have been with the company for so long, the answer is always "you will never find another retailer that takes care of its people like Coach does."

Keep doing what you are doing..it is obviously working and you have some very satisfied employees. Don't get caught up in the "cookie cutter" way of running stores like Limited Brands has adopted. Just because something works in one store doesn't mean it will work everywhere.

Fun

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Great clients and co-workers.
    Pay compared to other retail stores.
    Great discounts.

Cons

Pay compared to an office job.

Great communication between store and corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Coach